Broken Heart

Sophia's POV

It's been three days eversince me and Kihyun talked about his confession.

Or more likely, three days eversince we talked to eachother.

Sigh... I know he's busy with Emily since he plans to confess but how can he just ignore his bestfriend who's been with him for such a long time over a girl he only met?

I wonder where's Kihyunie-ah and Emily?

I was sitting at my desk in the classroom without our last subject teacher looking over us since she was called absent because her mother is in the hospital.

And like usual, my classmates are being noisy and all.

And like I wondered, Emily and Kihyun were not inside the classroom.

Maybe he plans to confess to her..

I tried to stay put in my desk but I can't. I feel like my heart is getting heavy because of the thought of him confessing his feelings.

Sophia! Why are you feeling like this?  You should be supportive and not looking like a rejected puppy!

But as the clock ticks, I feel the urge of going to the garden where Kihyun plans to confess to Emily.

Scenarios were running inside my head. Will she accept or not? Will she be his girlfriend or not? When Emily accepts, Kihyun starts to put all of his  attention to Emily? Will Kihyun forget about me, his bestfriend eversince childhood just because of his new girlfriend?

Will my heart be broken?

I stood up from my seat, surprising BamBam and look at me but I kept my blank expression, saying,

"I have to go somewhere."

I ran out of the classroom, my friends there shouting my name, asking me where I'm going but I didn't answer, sprinting towards the garden.

Please, please! I hope I'm not too late!

But we all can't have our prayers answered.

As soon as I arrived at the garden, I hid behind one of the trees there, seeing Kihyun and Emily sitting at the water fountain.

My heartbeat sped up as I saw Kihyun give Emily the bouquet of roses he was hiding behind his back, who happily took it, a smile on her face.

I watched quietly as the two conversed a bit until Kihyun finally decided to say those words he wanted to say.

"I like you, Emily. Please be my girlfriend."

My heart felt like shattering as sadness coursed through my veins. It pains me to hear him say that to Emily.

But my heart finally broke when Emily said,

"Yes! I like you too, Kihyun! I'll be your girlfriend!"

My heart completely broke as tears started to pool in my eyes. No... No! This can't be true. This can't be true.

But it is true.

My childhood bestfriend confessed to the blonde, who reincorporated his feelings and is now hugging him happily.

I turned my body, making me hit my back on the tree bark. I covered my mouth with my palm, trying not to let out a sob as tears started to roll down my cheeks.

My heart feels like being squeezed by a hand, painfully tight. It feels like it's being beaten by weaponry, trying to make it's fighting spirit fade and admit the painful, heart-breaking defeat.

No... No, Sophia. Don't be sad because of this. You don't even have feelings for your bestfriend..

Or maybe I do have feelings for him

"I.. I can't take this anymore.." I whisper-sobbed to my self, more tears going out of my orbs.

I ran away from the garden, desperately trying to wipe my tears away but they keep flowing.

I passed by students who were in the hallway, who were looking at me with confused/worried expressions since they see that I'm crying but I don't care.

All I care is about the sadness I'm feeling right now.

It feel like a heavy sack of that emotion was placed upon my shoulders as bullets of tears are going out of my blood-shot eyes.

I imagined that Kihyun will forget about me and start to be happy with Emily, making me more crest-fallen.

Because of all that running and crying, I bumped into a person, but thankfully we didn't fall to the floor.

"Mi-Mianhae.." I apologized, bowing my head before I was about to run away again.

But that person grabbed my shoulder and turn me to them.

"Sophia?"