Chapter Six

He winced suddenly, feeling pain in his lips. He stumbled out of the room and into the other where the kings, Luis, and Thorn awaited his return. The prince was holding his mouth with an unnerved expression on his face.

"Roman, are you alright?" his father asked as he wiped at it. He felt tired all of a sudden, realizing there had to be a spell of some kind of Virgil's lips because they knew he'd try that.

"Y-Yes, I'm fine, but I think whoever's using him put a spell on his lips," the prince explained. He felt dizzy and the room was spinning. They were looking at him in confusion at this statement, so he explained. "Last year, kissing him is what brought him back to me, I tried it this time and it didn't work. I feel really tired all of sudden... I think they knew... I'd try that..."

He fell forward, Luis quickly moving forward to catch him. "Come on, stay awake, stay with us Roman," he urged as he guided him to the bed in the room. He turned to the princess in the room. "Thorn can you heal whatever the spell did?"

"No," Roman said quickly, feeling lightheaded as he shook his head. "No, let me fall asleep. It's just a simple... knock out spell... I'll be fine, but this way... I might be able to talk to him..."

The prince had to take long pauses as he spoke, looking as though he'd fall unconscious at any moment. The kings looked between themselves, both sighing in resignation; though they weren't comfortable with this, Roman seemed to know more about what was going on than anyone. King Patton nodded as the prince fell limp and unconscious.

"I'll be checking his vitals and everything, don't worry," Thorn reassured the kings as she sat down beside the bed to keep an eye on him.

They nodded to her as they left the room to check on Virgil. Luis moved toward him cautiously, clearly wary of him. The dark prince glared at him, raising an eyebrow. "Who are you, pipsqueak?" he asked venomously. The remark almost brought him to tears again, but the younger prince sucked in a breath and sat down.

"I'm your brother, Virgil," he said gently, offering his signature smile. He flinched, looking away. Luis decided to talk to him as if he was really Virgil. Perhaps it would warrant some sort of reaction to treat him nicely. "Everything's going to be alright, okay?"

The dark prince's eyes widened as he shrunk away, shaking. "What kind of spell are you using on me to make me shake?" he snapped angrily.

"I'm not doing anything Virgil, I promise," Luis reassured, moving forward to hold his bounded hands. He flinched, staring down at the contact in shock with his jaw hanging open. "You're going to be alright, I promise. You're just a little scared right now, but you're stronger than you realize, remember? You'll be alright."

He looked scared, no longer angry as he just stared at their hands. Patton's eyes widened as he turned to Logan. "I just realized that whatever's controlling him doesn't fully understand him," he said to the other king. "He didn't realize Virgil shakes a lot, especially is he's scared or worried."

"Dad? I think we should knock him out," Luis called, interrupting their brief conversation. "He's shaking really bad, and maybe knocking him out will make it easier for Roman to contact him."

The king nodded moving forward and snapping his fingers. The dark prince's eyes slipped closed as his head hung limply. They nodded to each other, beginning to pace the room. They couldn't do anything now but wait.

Roman had visited his dark prince in his dreams before. This felt different; when his opened, he didn't find himself in a place. He was standing in some dark space, and he was looking at a blurry scene. When the prince stepped closer, the scene became to sharpen, making his eyes widen as he saw what he was seeing.