2 - Memories

A/N: Before starting, I wanna drop one relatable song. It's close to my heart.

When You Are Gone.

*

The sunrays started dancing around my eyes, I woke up with a smile and grabbed my phone. It's time to send him my usual good morning message. When I saw my last messages, I felt a sudden pang in my chest. No no no, it can't be real. It was a dream. We are not over. Not yet. I was staring my messages which were still unseen by him, and it scared the shit out of me. I tried to bring tears to my eyes, but I couldn't. It felt like he was already slipping away from me, disappearing into the past. I jumped out of the bed and started looking for mom in the kitchen. There was no one except a sticky note on the fridge saying –have to go office early today, the breakfast is in the fridge.

I ran towards the washroom to brush my teeth. I looked my face in the mirror and I suddenly broke down. There was no specific reminder or provocation, just a sudden, involuntary flooding of grief that made me almost double over and fall to the floor. I screamed, I punched the walls to ease the inside pain with physical pain, but it didn't work. The pain that was growing inside me was the biggest pain I could fell right now.

I didn't care where I was, I slept on that wet floor and started creating my own ocean of tears. My mind was only thinking about him. All the memories started flooding in my mind.

[Flashback...]

"Sweetie, wake up. You are going to be late for school." My mom screamed from downstairs.

"Umm.. 5 minutes more," I mumbled.

I covered my ears with a pillow and continued to sleep. But still, I could hear the footsteps, which were getting louder every second. And then my door opened with a bang and "WAKE UP!!!" mom screamed.

"Oh my God, mom I swear I didn't break that plate." I woke up shocked and started screaming like an idiot.

My mom folded her arms and now she was giving me a death stare.

"Oops." I pouted.

"Do you know how expensive that plate was. I bought it in Germany. I swear am not going to forgive you for that. Ugh, I hate to be a mother." My mom kept screaming and mumbling things from the kitchen while I was brushing my teeth.

And I thought people only accept the truth when they are drunk.

I quietly took a quick bath which was not that quick. Then I started walking towards the kitchen. My mom was still murmuring things, which I couldn't hear clearly. I simply stood behind her and hugged her. "I am sorry mom, I promise am not going to break any other plates," I whispered in her ears whilst giving her a hug. She frowned for a little while but then she calmed down and said "Breakfast is ready, it's your favorite pancakes. Grab it fast before I change my mind."

"You are the best." I kissed her and jumped over the table with knife and fork. I was still in my bathing robe, I can't help myself when I see pancakes in-front of me.

I ran towards my room after finishing my breakfast and started getting ready for school. I was still feeling sleepy, five hours of sleep isn't enough for me. I should control my habit of doing late night chats.

My mom dropped me at the school and then she left for her work. She is a doctor and she mostly remains busy in saving people's life. We don't get to spend much mother-daughter time nowadays and I don't complain either, because saving people's life is way much more important than my few laughs.