10 - Devastating Truth

I asked Avril to meet me but she refused. She hates me so much that she doesn't want to see my face. I was getting more curious and more frustrated. Why so much hate? This question was so important to be answered. I didn't give up and after some efforts, she finally agreed to meet me. I don't know how would I react after watching her. Her every word was provoking me to punch her face. I can't accept my disrespect. I got ready and left to meet. I wore a cami top and my casual denim. We were meeting in a coffee shop. She knows me but I don't. When I checked her profile for more information, I found she just completed her senior year from my school. Now I was more curious to know her.

When I entered the shop she was not there. I hate when people make me wait. But I waited for her. I had to know the reason for her hate. After twenty minutes of frustration and boredom, she entered the shop. I waved my hand to grab her attention. She looked at me and gave me an arrogant look. That moment I felt like throwing my manners in the dustbin and punch that look from her face, but I managed to keep my shit together. She was wearing a red two-piece which was showing most of her skin. She had straight blonde hair which was coming on her face. She started walking towards me in her high heels which made a ticking sound on the smooth white tiles. She sat down without saying anything and she kept staring me. It was hella creepy.

"What??" I looked straight into her eyes and questioned.

"Relax, I was just studying you" she pouted.

"Don't. You won't graduate." I relaxed my hands on the table and felt happy when I saw that irritating look on her face.

"Ok stop. Do the talk for which you set this up."

"I don't even know you, yet, you are showing so much hate and still you don't know why I called you here!"

"You deserve much more than this. I know the kind of girls like you." she glared at me with a mean look on her face.

"What do you mean my kind? I am one and only Veronica Jones. Do you take any class for judging people? Or are you born like this?" The anger was growing inside me. I was trying hard to avoid creating a scene. She moved her fingers into a fist and her face started to become red. Bitch was getting angry. Good. She took a deep breath in and out and then she asked, "Do you know Zac?"

I was surprised. My heart skipped a beat when I heard his name. I don't know what is in his name which makes my heart feel like this. Suddenly my facial expression changed and the anger inside me was disappeared. "Wh-- why? What happened?"

"You don't even know how much you have hurt me? Do you?"

"Don't beat around the bush. What do you mean? Is he okay?" I was scared. I had no idea at all what she was talking about!

"You stole my boyfriend bitch!!" she shouted. All eyes were on my table and I was shocked.

"You are joking, right? I think you should consult a doctor." I grabbed my bag and started to walk out.

"Just sit down there?" She interrupted.

"I don't know what you are talking about?" I wiggled my brows in displeasure.

"Then why are you avoiding me?"

"Ok enough. Let's talk. What are you trying to say?" I decided that now I will leave after knowing the whole story. We ordered two cups of coffee and she started telling me her story.

She said that she dated Zac for 5 months but then he broke up because I came between them. She looked so sad when she was telling me this. I felt so bad for her. I was shocked but I did not believe her. Zac is not like this. He can't do this to any girl.

"Why should I believe you?"  I asked instantly. Then my eyes jumped out of the socket when she showed me her picture with Zac. They looked happy. I felt numb when I saw their kissing picture. She was sitting on his lap and they were so close to each other. A sudden pang hit my chest. I didn't want to confront my pain at that moment. I behaved like I don't have a heart.

"I am sorry for both of you but I didn't even know about both of you. I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Next time don't abuse someone without knowing the whole story. Goodbye." I managed to say these few words and then took a deep breath before squatting up from my chair.

"Hey wait, I am not finished yet. Come here wai-" She tried to stop me many times but those words meant nothing to me. I was not in a proper mind to understand anything. I ran outside the shop as fast as I could and I didn't stop until it got difficult to take proper breaths. My vision was blur yet I could see that kissing picture clear in my mind. I stopped at a park and sat behind a tree which was alone from the crowd. I instantly fell down on my knees and the tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down my face. I feel the muscles of my chin tremble like a small child. The sobs just punched through my muscles, bones, and guts. This pain was a lot hard to handle. It was different. It was the tears of betrayal. Zac never told me about Avril. First, he broke my heart and now my trust is shattered too. I pressed my forehead against the tree branch and began to let my heart yank in and out of my chest.

I tried to control my tears but as much as I tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from my throat in the form of a silent scream. I tried to scream but my voice was melted by the sound of the place. The world turned into a blur, and so did all the sounds. The taste. The smell. Everything was gone. The last painful emotion slammed against me before I lost the feeling of feeling. Everything darkened into nothingness as I passed into the oblivion of unconsciousness.

*