18 - His Dream

We were tired after hitting each other with pillows giving our full energy. We sat down near the window to catch up our breaths to normal. I admired the rain hitting the glass windows with its full force while Mason lied down on the floor. I thought to ask him the question which was teasing me by every second.

"Why don't you live in your house?"

"I do. This is my house." he grinned.

"No, I mean that house where you took me at first."

"Oh, that's not my house."

"What?? Don't say you break into some random house!" My eyes were popping out of the socket.

"What? No." he gets up from the floor and sits in front of me. "Why do you make crazy assumptions every time?"

"Why do boys keep so many secrets?" I said instantly.

"That's my brother's house?" he sighed. "What? Do you have a Cinderella family?" I asked curiously.

"No." he chuckled. "My brother loves me. It's my decision to leave all the luxuries and live on my own."

"But why someone will leave that kind of comfort?" I was more confused. People work their ass off to achieve a comfortable life and he left it all. "Because of my dreams. I decided to become a singer when I was eight. It just felt great to put my all emotions in a song. But my dad just saw it as  a hobby and not a career."

"My mom and brother always supported me to pursue my dream. But I wanted my dad to pat on my shoulder and say that I make him proud." He said in a hoarse voice. His words were full of emotions. I don't understand why some parents come between their children's dream."What happened next? How did you end up staying here?" I asked.

"My brother is a successful businessman. He handles half of our father's business and dad wanted me to handle the other half. But I am not interested in business. I simply refused him and I asked my dad to give me one year so that I can prove to him that there's a career for me in music. I also told him that I won't take any help of his money." I couldn't believe that he told me about the most important part of his life. He just knew me for a few days and he trusted me enough already.

"What if you fail? You know there's so much struggle in this path." I asked. "I  know but I made a deal instead of that fact. If I fail I would have to join our family business," he said reluctantly. "But that's not fair? It's your life." I protested.

"I know but I value my father a lot. He's a good man and I can't let him down." I was amazed by his respect for his dad. Today not many people sacrifice their dreams for their family. "How much more days you have?"

"4 months."

"I know you can do it. You have a Shawn Mendes voice." I tried to cheer him up. Not out of pity but it was true. He had a magical voice. He chuckled on my compliment and said: "Oh so you are a Shawn Mendes fan?"

"Yes!!" I said with happiness. "I badly want to go to his concert." I blushed as I remember how cute he looks when he sings with his guitar. "Oh god! You are blushing." he laughed pointing at my face. "What?? No, I wasn't blushing."

"You.... were.... blushing" he sang the words like a lullaby. "Fine! A little. As if he can be my boyfriend." I rolled my eyes in irritation. It's so annoying to see them from afar. Sometimes it's like they are from a different world.

"It's his loss that he can't meet his biggest fan," he said to light up my mood. "You sure know how to make someone feel good." I grinned. "Hey, it's getting late. You should go to bed," he suggested. I looked at the watch and it was already fifteen to twelve. I didn't realize how the time passed so fast.

I took the bed as Mason was not going to let me sleep on the couch. The clock kept taking rounds but my sleep was nowhere to be found. I just kept looking at the walls of the room. I wanted to cry because I felt worthless. I couldn't remember the food memories because it all seemed a big lie. Zac made a fun of my love. How I couldn't realize it?

Mason POV

The clock showed two in the morning when I woke up after hearing noises. It was coming from Veronica's room. I slowly stepped towards where she was sleeping. My heart sank when I heard her muffled sobs. I couldn't decide what should I do in this situation. What if she feels embarrassed if I saw her crying but I couldn't leave her alone like this. Her sobs were getting louder by every minute.

Gosh, Veronica. I didn't think you have so much pain inside your heart.

I slowly walked towards her. She had dug her head inside the pillow so that I couldn't listen to her. I felt so bad for her, no one deserves this kind of pain. My hands shook as I moved it towards her. When I touched her head, she jumped up out of fear and sat on the bed.

"Hey don't worry it's me." I creased her back softly. She instantly digs her head on my chest and started crying. "I am sorry... I am sorry," she said as she whimpered.

"Hey, it's okay to cry."

"I didn't want to cry but... I.. I just can't handle this pain, Mason. I am sorry I disturbed you." I remained silent and just thought one thing. 

How could she think about what I felt when she was so deep in pain?

This girl was so different, so caring. I wanted to kill that bastard to leave a girl like her. "I.. I will leave. I am sorry, I don't want to cause any trouble." she jumped from the bed and started running towards the exit. "Hey, what are you doing?" I ran behind her. She struggled to open the latch of the door. I grabbed her shoulder and faced her to me. "Are you mad? Where will you go now?" I shouted. She started to cry again. I grabbed her in a hug when I realized that I behaved a little harsh.

Why am I getting worried about her?

I took her to the couch and helped her to sit. "I will bring you some water," I said as her whimpers started to become soft. I gave her water and her lips shook as she drank it. I couldn't see her like this. It was so heartbreaking to see her cry. She has a pure heart. I thought of something, and I grabbed some paper and a pen. I put it in front of her.

"What's this?" she looked me with her wet eyes which seemed so innocent and beautiful. "Here take this and write everything you feel about him." she looked at me dumbfounded.

"But why?" she asked inspecting the paper. "If needed. For now, just do as I say."

***
Thank you, everybody, for reading my story. Today we hit 2k reads in this story.