11 - Aching Bones

I tried to open my eyes when my ears heard a commotion around me. I felt some droplet of water on my face. A fear ran down my spine and I regained my consciousness. When I opened my eyes it was all black. People were taking a sigh of relief. I could hear various people whispering to each other. My mind was still processing when one of them spoke.

"Oh dear! Are you okay? We got scared when we saw you lying here motionless." An old man asked in a concerned voice. I looked at him with gratitude and gave him a weak node.

"Tell me your address and I will drop you home."

"No... It's ok I am fine." I quickly rose up from the ground "I was just dehydrated. Thank you, sir. Just give me some water and I will be fine." I managed to put a smile on my face.

"But dear--"

"It's ok sir. Trust me I will be fine." I requested him with a confident face. I tried to assure him on this. I did not want to tell my mother more lies. Finally, he agreed and helped me stood up from the floor. I thanked everyone and went to look for a cab. It was so late and the sun was about to hide in the azure skies. I took a cab and reached home. My mom heard my footsteps and called out my name from the kitchen.

"I am home, mom. Going to study now." I screamed from the door and ran towards my room. I know she wanted to talk to me but I just ran off. I couldn't face her now, I will break down. I can't let her see me like this. I ran to my room and locked the door. My eyes beamed and the tears started flickering down again. I couldn't erase that picture from my mind. I wanted to talk to someone. I grabbed my phone and dialed Eva's number. While the phone rang I tried to calm my emotions, I didn't want to storm her with all of this.

"Hello V! What's up?" she screamed over the phone.

"Hi, Eva... I.. How are you?"

"Having so much fun. My little cousin doesn't let me rest. He is so notorious." she chuckled. She was so happy and that made me smile.

"Um... I wanted to talk about something." I stammered. I heard her mom's voice over the phone. She was calling her name.

"Yes, mom two minutes...I am all ears. Tell me."

"No, it's not that important. Go, see what your mom needs." I tried to talk but I couldn't. She was so happy and I just couldn't.

"Oh no she doesn't want anything. We are just going out shopping." She squealed. She loves shopping.

"What are you waiting for!! Just go and enjoy" I faked a smile.

"You sure?" she asked.

"Yes, it's all fine." I tried to sound as normal as I could and then I just hung up before I do something stupid and get caught. I felt helpless, I felt alone. I wanted answers so I decided to call him. My hands were shivering while scrolling his name in my contact list. My heartbeat got fast when the phone started to ring and it broke when he didn't pick up. How can anyone change like this? I felt so angry but the anger was nothing in front of my grief. I just wanted to cry but I was afraid if my mom starts to doubt on me. So I washed my mouth and moved down for dinner. I didn't want to eat anything, sometimes I felt like my hunger doesn't exist anymore.

"Sweety are you ok? Why aren't you eating?" mom looked at my plate which was still untouched.

"Yes, I am fine, mom. It's just a little headache." I knew I couldn't hide my emotions from mom. So I told her. At least the half truth.

"C'mon finish your dinner fast then I will give you some medicine" I nodded and started eating quietly.

I was now in my bed in a hope to fall asleep before I fall apart. Then I understood monsters don't sleep under our bed but they scream inside our head. That scream was so loud that I couldn't sleep. My eyes remained open while the needle of the clock was busy taking rounds. In every minute my eyes gazed the phone in hope that it will ring and I will listen to his voice, but it never did. I rolled down to another side and I stared the empty side of my bed wondering about the things I would tell if he was lying next to me and he would hug me tight in his arms while I fall asleep in peace. The tears rolled down from my eyes to my ears. My pillow was half wet and I realized for how long I was crying. It was almost 4:00 in the morning and I was still tossing and turning on my bed, tears soaked dry on my cheeks. It was all my fault, I trusted him way more than normal people should. I never questioned him when he used to come late to our date and when he stopped coming to watch my basketball matches. I trusted him that he would never do any wrong to me. 

It's all me. I am the reason for my pain. It's all my fault.

Suddenly a thought hit my mind. I scooted down my bed and took my diary and a pen. I had so many things in my mind.

Dear Dairy

Sorry to bother you so early in the morning but It just hit my mind. My fault!! That's what Mason said to me. Did he mean the same? He knew it already! How can he be so smart? One can only understand a thing beforehand if he has experienced it already or he is way too smart. Maybe he can help me. I can't handle this pain. It hurts so much. I really want to meet him. I feel good when I stay around him because I don't feel lonely. At least he hears me. He knows my situation. I have his GPS on my phone. I wish you could help me in deciding this. I don't have anyone to ask this but my heart says I should go and talk to him. I don't care what he thinks about me. He helped me so much last time, maybe he will understand me. I feel restless, I can't think anything straight right now. I hope I am doing right.

I hid my diary under my bed and found his GPS on my phone. I couldn't sleep, I needed someone to hear my pain. The only hope I saw was Mason. I washed my face and sneak out of my room. Mom will leave for work in a few hours so I left it on fate. I hope mom will not take up my blanket and see the pillows I have arranged in place of me. The clock showed half-past five. I took my bicycle and paddled it as fast as I could. My eyes had a hope that everything will be alright soon. I managed to reach his house which looked as beautiful as it was before. It was more like a bungalow. I remember the way from where he took me out. I was a little nervous to see him. My hand was shaking while I stretched it to ring the bell. After a while, I heard footsteps coming closer to me. When the door opened I saw a man in a black and white dress. He was a domestic servant. He looked like he was in his late thirties.

"Goodmorning sir, Can I meet Mason?" I greeted him with a smile.

"Goodmorning dear! I am sorry but I think you are in the wrong house." he gave me a half- smile.

"What do you mean? I am sure this is the one." I wiggled my brows in confusion. 

"I haven't seen anyone with name Mason in this house! Sorry. Have a good day." A corner of his mouth lifted and he shut the door closed. I stood there dumbfounded. several lines appeared between my brows and I had no idea about what just happened.

**