4 - Broken

So this is how VerZac started. Cute isn't? I don't know what you think but that day was the most special day of my life. My lips smile even in pain whenever I recount the moments that have gone by. I was still sulking on the floor but still, my heart was feeling good when I imagined him smiling at me. But it hurts when I realize I can't live those moments again. Why people come in our life when they have to leave in the end? I can't even blame my life. I am blessed to have this life as a human. It's just now, my days were getting difficult to survive. Though, for a few moments but life met me with a smile. I got an opportunity to feel those butterflies inside my stomach. I have felicitated that moment when your heart starts beating fast like an engine as soon as you see his face.

I tried to convince my heart. I tried to stand up from the floor. I can't be so weak. I will not let him go. Yes, I will beg him to be with me. He's my love, I can't let him go that easily. I stood up and opened the shower. The water was cold and I wanted to freeze my heart with it. It felt like it washed away all of my irritation and sorrows for a minute.

When I entered the room my phone beeped. It was a notification telling I have received a message from Zac. I widened my eyes in surprise, my heart started beating faster. My hands were shivering while opening his messages.

Zac
Look I know it's difficult. But our journey was just that far.

We can't be together now. In few months I will go outside for my studies. It will be a new life for me and I wanna start fresh.

Veronica
What it has to do with our relationship? Z what are you saying?

Is our relationship that weak that it can't survive a small distance?😞

I got frustrated when I read all this. He was changed. He was not that Zac I loved. He would never say that. I was gazing his message box for his reply and suddenly his profile showed online and then typing. This time my heart was scared. That typing was not a happiness anymore.

Zac
All these things just happen in novels and movies, not in real life.

I want to concentrate on my studies now. You should too as now you are a senior.

Veronica
Don't give me these lame excuses Zac.

If you wanna break up just simply say it.

I was fuming. Reading all these so-called lame excuses made me angry. He was still lying to me. Can't he give me one genuine reason?

Zac
Look I don't wanna talk to you. You are not in your right mind.

Veronica
No, I wanna talk now.

I want a real reason.

Zac
Think what you want to think. Now you think am a liar!! Great 🙂

Veronica
Why are you making this difficult for me? 😞

Zac
Please understand... It was not an easy decision to make.

Veronica
Ok, I won't talk. Will you do one thing for me?

Zac
Sure.