~11~

"Now I wanna be ten feet tall, with big red horns."

———

After that dream, Lance barely looked at him phone, every time his mom would call him he would jump, afraid that his dream would become a reality, once the loud ringtone went off, he went back to breathing strangely and thinking of how his dad would yell, so he silenced it.

Today was Monday, so he had to go to school. Which didn't help with his mood, his friends wouldn't push him, so on Saturday he got multiple texts simply asking if he wanted to hang out. He declined or simply never answered, Keith messaged him throughout the weekend, telling him random things about his day.

During the whole weekend he was working out, always closed off from the girls and guys who tried to talk to him while he did his work out that Shiro wrote in his notes awhile back. His muscles were sore every night, but it just distracted from the numbness that was his thoughts.

~~~

Just as he was about to leave his first period, his math teacher calls for him, "I saw that you were absent on the day of the test, so I'll need you to come in after school and take it, it'll be your only try on the test so I hope you studied!"

Lance only nodded before waving goodbye.

By the time lunch rolled around Lance was successful at dodging the members of his friend group, but once his feet exited his fifth period classroom, he was getting grabbed by the wrist and tugged through the crowd of teens.

"What the hell?!" Is all he could yell once shoved into a closet, "where am I?!"

"You're interrogation." The light turns on with a click, Pidge standing under the chain that turned it on, "You had your three days of solitude and you ignored my texts this morning. I'm not a crazy friend but when I'm getting single word answers from the usually talkative friend, I get crazy."

The small girl takes a step towards her lanky friend, "Can I not sulk in peace without everyone trying to know my business?!"

"Nope. So spill, Keith was very vague on what the hell happened at his apartment, so tell me, what the hell happened?" Her glasses reflected the artificial light, adding to her sharp glare.

"We got into an argument, I don't wanna talk about it." Crossing his arms, Lance tries to pass by the shorter girl, but she stops him by blocking the pathway with her arms and legs.

"That's what Keith said, now tell me, what exactly went on? Do not bullshit me McClain, I'm not an idiot."

"Fine! I lashed out at Keith because he was asking too many questions! Now let me go! I feel bad enough already." He grabs his back pack straps and looks down, "I said some pretty harsh things, I regret every word. I'm already gonna apologize to him, so please just move."

Slowly, Pidge moves out of the way, tucking her hands into her pockets, "I'm always here to talk, dude, don't close yourself off. It's not healthy."

She then leaves, leaving Lance to kick his converse into the concrete floor.

~~

Keith sighs, Lance never showed up for lunch, Pidge was in a gloomy mood, Hunk was trying to lighten the mood, and Shiro was texting Allura the whole lunch period, leaving him to pity laugh at Hunk's puns while slowly eating his PB&J.

On his way to his next period, he sees a tuff of soft brown hair, which he immediately goes to chase, but before he could go more than two steps, Pidge grabs onto his jacket.

"Don't, he'll come to you when he's ready." She gives him a knowing look, "Trust me."

Keith reluctantly nods and follows her to their next class.

~~

Lance skips his last class, not wanting to sit through another lecture while silently doodling swirls onto a piece of notebook paper.

Instead, he decides to drive into town and get a milkshake.

"One vanilla milkshake, please." The guy behind the counter- Adam- nods and has Lance pay before he begins to make the milkshake.

The shop was nearly empty, seeing as everyone is either at work or school, so the guy tries to start conversation, "Hey, not to pry but why aren't you at school? I saw your school ID when you took out your wallet so don't try to lie."

Confused as to why Lance should tell this stranger anything, Lance shrugs, "Why do you care?"

"No reason, just curious."

"Why aren't you at school?"

"Well, for one I'm at work, and secondly I don't have a seventh period."

Nodding, Lance leans against the glass case separating them, "Well, to answer your earlier question, I'm not on the mood to sit through a lecture today."

Adam nods, "Understandable, I was like that sophomore year."

"What school do you go to?"

"Garrison. You?"

"Altea. Why do you work this far from school?"

"My boyfriend goes to Altea so I thought it would be nice to see him when he gets off."

"Awww that's cute, I wish I was that open."

"You're gay? No offense, but you give off straight vibes."

"Haha, no, I'm bisexual."

"Oh, well it's not that hard to be open, just know that what other people think doesn't effect you, you are your own person. And anyways, many of the people you see daily you won't even know in five years."

Lance nods, taking this man's words to heart, "Wow, that actually makes a lot of sense. Now I feel like an idiot." Lance laughs softly, stuffing his hands into his sweater pockets.

A soft tap is heard on the glass, looking up Lance sees his milkshake, "Here you go, and by the way, you're not an idiot. Everyone is self conscious one way or another. Hell, my boyfriend isn't even that open! It's a bit of a downer but I love him all the same."

Lance takes his drink and smiles big, "Thank you so much, you really made me feel better."

Adam smiles just as wide back, "It's no problem! Come back anytime!"

They exchange their goodbyes and Lance is still smiling once he enters his car.

Damn, I should of came here sooner!

———
An: hehehehehehehehhehe hello and I'm sorry I was gone for while, I swear I am being honest when I say that I genuinely was not mentally up for writing. I hope you can forgive me! Ily all!❤️❤️❤️

~Haley