Part 14: coming out

"A-about What?" I said trying not to let my voice crack.
"Well hopper told me something that happened the night of the snow ball," she explained.
I felt sick to my stomach. I could feel my dinner coming right back up my throat. I could feel my face burning up as I swallowed back down my food. I had a really bad case of nausea and I stumbled a bit trying to get my balance.
"Honey, I just want to let you know that I love you no matter what, I will always love you no matter what, you should know that ok?" She said.
I fell into her arms as I sobbed into her chest.
"It's alright sweetie, it's all ok, why didn't you tell me before? You know you can tell me anything," she said consoling me.
"I-I didn't kn-know h-how. Dad al-always s-said being g-gay was b-bad and he w-would disown me if I e-ever was queer!" I sobbed.
"Will, he's not here is he? I am nothing like your father, don't you forget that, I will accept you for whatever you are, I love you Will so much! So so much!" She said letting a tear slide down her cheek.
I cried into her arms, I wasn't sure if they were happy or sad tears, I think a bit of both. It felt so good to finally have her know.
"Now do you like this boy?" She said.
"Mike?" I answered.
"Yeah," She said.
"Oh mum, he is the most beautiful person I have ever set my eyes on, whenever he says or does anything I get so much butterflies in my chest and I just want to hug him and kiss him and..." i stopped when I realised I was rambling, I couldn't help it, whenever I start talking about something I love I can't stop.
"Then that's all that matters, that you are happy and in a good place." She replied.
"Ok," I said wiping a tear from my cheek.
"Hey just between you and me? I always knew you were gay," she whispered giving me a wink.
"What?" I said but I didn't get an answer since she had already disappeared down the hall. I ran to my room to go on my walkie talkie to call Mike.
"Mike? Do you copy?" I said.
"Yeah I copy, Hey Will," He said, sounding a little frantic.
"Is everything ok?" I asked.
"Yeah um everything's ok, Listen I've got to go I'll talk to you tomorrow," he said.
"Wait wha-" I got cut off from the crackle of Mike turning off his walkie talkie. What just happened?
Mike POV;
I parked my bike in the garage as I walked inside. When I got in my mum was in the phone so I went into the kitchen to get myself a snack. I heard my mum say my name on the phone so I stopped what I was doing to listen to their conversation.
"I do-don't understand, what do you mean? I th-thought he was dating the chiefs daughter, this doesn't make sense." She said.
I realised what they were talking about. I crept upstairs and locked my door. I lied on my bed as tears welled in my eyes. I didn't want her to find out, not now, not like this.
"Mike? Are you up there?" My mum called out. Shit. I didn't answer.
"Michael?" She said wriggling my door handle.
"One minute!" I yelled wiping my eyes. I opened my door and gave her my best grin.
"I was just talking to Stacy's mother and she was telling about something about you and Will?" She said.
The door bell rang saving me from answering my mum.
"Oh look at that! I better go and s-see who it is!" I said pushing past her and bounding down the stairs. I opened the door and there was one of my mothers friends.
"Oh hi Michael! Is your mother home?" She asked.
"Yeah She is, MUUUUUUUM Jennie's here!" I called out to her. "Ok but after I have to have a chat with you." My mum told me.
"Yeah ok," I said
I ran downstairs to the basement.
I looked around frantically to do something until I heard Wills sweet voice on the super com.
"Mike? Do you copy?" He said. I wanted to talk to Him so bad but I just couldn't.
"Yeah um everything's ok, Listen I've got to go I'll talk to you tomorrow," I replied pushing down the antenna. I heard my mum coming down the stairs. Fucking hell, god help me.
"Michael? Is everything ok? Who were you talking to?" My mum said walking down the stairs.
"Yeah um Will- I mean Dustin just called on my super com I just told him I didn't want to talk and well..." I said not sure what to say.
"Mike, Stacy's mother called and she said that Stacy told her you and Will danced together at the snowball and you k-kissed." She said. Oh fuck it. What do I have to hide now?
"Yeah, and? So what. I'm bisexual, I can't change that, it's not my choice and I love Will and there's nothing you can do to sto-" I stopped talking, did I just say I loved Will? Well I guess I do.
"Michael, I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed you didn't tell me before, you ca-"
"Yeah I know I can talk to you mum whatever ok." I said cutting her off.
"Now come here," she said as we I wrapped my arms in around her in a consoling hug.
————————————————
Authors note:
Hey guys! I hope you're enjoying the book. Sorry it took so long to update! I just wanted to say I'm going to do a reddie book soon so look out for that! Love you guys! :)
————————————————