Chapter 19: Trying My Best

~Mason~

Me and Riley exchange a glance as we hear screaming coming from just outside our door. We run out to find blood everywhere. Eli was holding Charlotte as Seth was taking care of her wound.

"Oh my gosh." I mutter as Eli notices my presence.

"She was attacked, by Cameron. Where were you? You should of helped."

I then look down as Riley shakes her head at him. "I'm sorry, your blaming him? He didn't even know she was out here. He isn't her bodyguard if I am correct am I not?"

He then took a while to respond, and I glance over at her as I was surprised of her reaction.

"Well yeah but...he still should of known."

"I can't believe your blaming him. If anything it's your fault. Your her bodyguard, your her protector, and your also her boyfriend. So shut it and stop blaming others for your own actions."
She then left Eli blank faced as it grew pale.

Then I saw Charlotte was passed out.

"Let's go."
She grabs my hand and I followed.

I shut the door behind me as we sighed. "Wow, that was- thanks." I said to her.

"Sure."

"Really thanks." I smirked at her.

"And I said sure." She smiled as she danced her eyes around and sat in the living room.

I nod an grab a bottle of beer while I'm at it. "Get me one."

I then grabbed another in the fridge as she was trying to relax on the couch.

I gave it to her and opened mine. "It's quiet."
I flat out said.

"Yeah let's keep it that way."
She closed her eyes while laying back on the sofa.

I watched her as she held her beer in her hand and the way her hair moved in her face. I just wanted to touch it and move it away.

"Your staring at me."

I flinched and scoff smiling. "I don't mind." She said.

I then see her open one eye. "Your really weird you know that werewolf?"

"I know. And your a werewolf too."

I saw her as both eyes flopped open and her expression changed. "Yeah, I am." She took awhile to answer.

"Hey can I ask you something?"

"Of course."
She said sitting up.

"Did you ever want to be normal? Wonder what it's like for one day, just a day?"

She then looked down at her hands. She read the label on the beer bottle. "I never did. I never thought about it but just from my experience, I know that being normal isn't a gift, it's a curse."

I took awhile to process what she said but then nodded. "So you prefer not to be?"

"I prefer not to be weak. That is my choice." She gulps down the rest of her beer and sighed.

I stare at her processing what she said for a minute. Then hear the door open.

"Hey. I think she will be alright."
Seth said as he noticed Riley was about to pass out.

"She ok?"

"Yeah."

''Ok. Why does it smell like a bar in here?"
He then glares at me.

"Did you get her drunk?"

"No! It is not like that. She just had one or two bottles."

"I am drunk though."
She said mumbling as she drifted back off into a sleep.

"Make sure she stays asleep. Ok?"

"Fine. Is that an order?"
I asked a little buzzed out of my mind.

He walks up to me. "That's a responsibility."
He then walks off and I groan. "Man I'm bored."

~Seth~

"Have any of you seen Aron?"
They all shook their heads.

I then walked away from the pack and towards the woods.

"Aron!? Aron!"
I yelled, "Ar-"

Then I find him there standing in the middle of the woods looking down at himself as I wondered. What was going on?

I then dared to move close to him. "Aron? You ok?"

"It is funny how you pretend to care for me."

I then shake my head. "I do care."

I then move closer. "What is it your doing out here?"

He stood still.

I then walked more towards him and saw it. "What ar-"
I didn't finish my sentence instead I saw Aron staring at me now as blood was pouring out of his wrists.

Then he dropped the bloody knife he was holding in his hands.
"I am glad you said that." He said as he fell to the ground and I freaked out.

"Aron! Aron!!! HELP SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!" I wasn't to far from the house.

Someone had to hear.

Aron was still awake but barley. "I love you brother...t-trust me this was f-for the best..."

"Please Aron stay with me."
I then saw his wrists. They began to heal as he passed out.

Then I calmed down. "Oh wow. Oh I love you, brother, just stay with me."

Then I hear footsteps running toward me. I look up to see Eli.

"Are you ok?"
He then see's Aron.

"I'll carry him to the house."
He picks him up and I nod.

"Thank you."
He then nods at me as he begins to walk away and I still stood there with my brothers blood on my hands.

***

Next time on Second Full Moon...

Seth: "He's not breathing...Aron's not breathing!"

Let It Be.

***