Day 17

A Fairytale

Title: Woodlands

Date: 7/3/14 2:24 PM

I was born with gold irises. The colour was deep with light blue flakes and at first my parents panicked when they saw it. The doctor said it'd fade, it was nothing to worry about. Two years tops. So two years later, my eyes made no sign of fading and my hair had come in dark blue, a colour that scared my mom to death. After endless doctor visits that had no conclusion and 15 birthdays later 17 year old me begin to feel like my difference in society shouldn't be something that needs answers but that I'll have to deal with, by myself.

I'd plea her everyday to cancel her appointments but I know what she's going to say. "Something evil is inside you and I want it out." And so it continued. Doctor visits (to which none seems to be keen to 'evil' and 'good'), salt bathes, and school were my life. I don't think my mom knows what she's doing anymore. She's ruining me. Does she know that I have no friends because of her excessive visits? Does she know that everyone at school thinks I'm a freak because my mom gets me out early at least twice a week? Does she know that I'm going to have summer school AGAIN for the seventh time? Does she know that I'm not going to graduate with my class? That I could pass if she'd just leave it alone? Gosh I wish I was eighteen.

Fed up, I glanced at her from my notebook and took a deep breath.

"Mom I'm done." I finally told her. "Your not going to get the answers you want so why can't you face the facts and realise that I'm just gifted with gold eyes and blue hair?"

"Because there's something evil inside you-" I stood up.

"HOW DO YOU KNOW?" I'm so fed up with her. All this crap for years, gosh suck it up mom.

"I can feel it." her blonde hair made her look small and old in her grand leather chair.

"Oh gosh mom. Give me a believable reason. Your ruining my life, you know? I have no friends because they say 'something must be wrong with her. Her mom picks her up almost everyday.'" I tried to clam down, I began to feel nauseous.

She looked annoyed. "Look, honey. I know there's something evil because you used to talk to ghosts."

She really needs to grow up. "What do you mean?"

She sighed. "Look, I don't know why you did it or why you did it so much but almost every night at 9 o' clock you'd set out a chair and talk to a guy named Max and sometimes you said Max told you stories. I recorded you once."

I blew it off. Wow, I truly am a freak. "I'd like to see the video."

She rocked her head back and forth. "Eh, that's not possible."

Glaring I exclaimed,"Why?"

"It's complex."

I grunted in frustration and stormed out of the room.

The next day I had school, the norm. But I was surprised to find that this Valentines Day I wasn't picked on but instead picked for the Valentines Formal. That was very surprising and refreshing that my lab partner didn't find me completely repulsive.

Once Chem rolled around I waited for my lab partner, Luke, to walk through the door. He waved at me, as usual and signed in as the teacher required. We had a few minutes before class so I struck up some conversation. "I got your note." He smiled and tugged at his ear, shyly he turned to me, "What did you think?"

"Yes, I'd be glad to come." he smiled and as class began turned to his papers.

Soon I found myself smiling to.

Today is Wednesday so no appointments and Luke asked me if I wanted to sit at his table for lunch.

-

[okay, so I like this but idk if you classify it as 'fairy tale' or not but I was trying to stick with a Cinderella theme. I might continue this]