The Letter

(Y/n) POV:

        "This letter will change everything if it goes as I want it." I thought to myself. Am I ready for this? I mean it's what I've always wanted since I heard about it. But I'm ready!

******TIME SKIP (brought to you by 🐢)******

         As I was walking back to the Schuyler mansion after sending the letter off I couldn't help but think about the response possibilities. Would he turn me down because of my gender or let me in only because they have no one else. The letter I sent was to general Washington. Like I said before I NEED to join this revolution. I want to help fight for my freedom in America. I may not live to see our glory but I will gladly join the fight. This means a lot to me. I just wish mom could see that. I walked in to see Peggy on the couch she had a sad look on her face. "What's wrong?" I asked. "We need to talk." She said sounding sad while not looking up.

Peggy's POV:

        *****(Last night)*****

       It was late but I couldn't sleep so I tried what others might have tried. Writing down what I couldn't stop thinking about. I checked everywhere for parchment but couldn't find any. The last place to check was (Y/n)'s room. I slowly opened the door so I didn't wake her. I opened a drawer to her desk and saw a few sheets so I took one. But then I noticed a folded up piece of paper. I took it out and read what it said.

Dear General Washington,

      I hope you get this letter soon. I sent this because I would like to join the revolution. I'm a girl but I want to fight for my freedom. My mom doesn't think I should do this but I want to help. I don't know if you're looking anymore but I want to help with something. I wish to get a response soon. If I do get accepted I will get there as quick as I can. I won't let you down if you let me in. I hope this reaches you before I leave.

~ Sincerely, me (Y/n) (L/n)!

I couldn't believe it. (Y/n) wants to leave us to join the revolution. I can't let her die! I was sad and devastated. I had to try and reason with her before she sent the letter but I didn't want to wake her. I'll do it before she leaves.

*****(morning)*****

I got up at what I thought was early but (Y/n) was up earlier. It was 7 and I didn't think (Y/n) got up any earlier. She was gone. I'm guessing to deliver the letter. I sat on the couch and waited. Finally, (Y/n) was home. "What's wrong?" She asked. "We need to talk." I said not making eye contact.

(Y/n) POV:

I sat down next to Peggy. "So what do you need?" I asked. "The letter." She said straight forward. "Letter?" I said trying to act like I knew nothing. She couldn't have found out about me and the revolution. Could she? "Don't play dumb I know you know what I'm talking about." She said still not making eye contact. "I don't know about any letter." I said trying to convince her but failing. "The revolution! You wanting to join! Does this not ring a bell?" She said more firm finally making eye contact. "How'd you find out?!" I said. "I needed parchment and saw it." She said back. "So what? I want to join the revolution!" I said. "I can't let you die!" She said on the verge of tears. "I won't die. I promise!" I said hugging her. "You can't promise that." She said looking at her feet. "Okay so I can't but I'll try my best to stay safe. I can promise that because I know for sure I won't just run into the open field and be like kill me!" I said. She chuckled. "Okay." She said. "Are you gonna tell Eliza and Angelica?" She asked. "Gosh no! They would flip out." I said. "But you gotta promise me you won't tell." I said to her. "Okay I got it." She said back. We hugged and I told her that I should get a uniform or two in case I do get accepted. So we went out.

"Here's the shop!" Peggy said. "Ok well I'm just gonna give them my size for one." I said. I walked in and up to the counter. "Um excuse me but I need to buy two soldier suits." I asked politely. "Okay what size?" The man asked. " (whatever your size is) please!" I told him. "Is it for your husband?" He asked. "Um... yes! He's leaving for war soon and I decided to get him two!" I said. "Ok well it should be finished in 2 to 3 days so just stop by. And it's for?". "(L/n)'s" I responded. "We'll have a good day miss!" He said and you walked out. "It'll be done in 2 to 3 days" I said to Peggy. "Great well let's get home. The rest are probably up." She said.

When we got back to the mansion we ate breakfast and talked for awhile. We eventually went out to the town and just decided to hang out. They really like to go shopping a lot! After awhile we got back home and chilled for the rest of the night. Hopefully only a few more days till I get the letter! You hoped.

Word count: 937

Another chapter out! I hope you guys enjoyed. Sorry for it being short I wanted to add a little bit more but decided to save it for the next chapter. I just wanted to get this out before finals. Sorry for no John yet. I KNOW HE'S THE GOOD PART! But don't worry he'll be in the next chapter! Yay!!! So I guess I'll be back soon! Catch ya later! 😸
                                                                                    ~PEGGY🔶