Safe But Not Sound

Lana's POV

"Damon! "

My face lit up like the sky on the fourth of July. His presence alone was enough to lift my spirits. He looked down on me with the biggest smile I had ever seen.

"Lana Boo"

He said it with such happiness that I felt my inner wolf soar. I looked up at him as he continued to walk. It was such an amazing feeling to be held in his arms once again. I didn't even bother to ask where we were going just enjoyed the emotions that flowed between us two. After what felt like an eternity we came to a stop beneath a tree, where he sat me down.

"You're hurt"

I looked down at my legs and saw the one bullet wound that was still healing, and the other that dried blood up and down my leg. I'm knew multiple bruises had dotted my face, but there was nothing I could do but let it heal.

"Yeah, but it's nothing"

He practically exploded as he spoke his next sentence.

"Bullshit. It is something. You could have been hurt even worse or even dead!"

I stopped him dead in his sentence and waved my index finger for him to stoop down to my level. Slowly he met me eye to eye.

"But I'm not dead am I?"

He shook his head

"No"

I leaned in closer.

"I'm not going anywhere anytime soon"

Our lips clashed together and the intensity between us flew. I felt that if I were to let go I would lose him forever.
We were too consumed in one another that we didn't hear the crunching of the leaves, or the sound of gun being loaded.

"Would you look at that? You guys think y'all are going to live happily ever after. Aww how cute"

She doesn't take a break does she?

Damon sprung off of me protectively and turned to face Tess. She stood there with a gun directed straight at Damon. I was defenseless due to the amount of injuries I had suffered.

"What do you want?"

She smirked evily.

"What do I want? Oh I have exactly what I want right in front of me"

Like I said before she wasn't hesitant to pull the trigger and before I knew it I saw the bullet closing in on Damon. I was screaming for him to move but he didn't listen. Instead he stayed still. A few seconds later the sound of a thump could be heard and there in all his glory lay Axel.

Axel had taken the bullet for Damon. He wasn't seriously injured from what I could see, but he had distracted her for enough time that he was able to fire at her. She lay limp on the floor, but she wasn't dead, yet.

"You took a bullet for me" Damon said in disbelief. I stayed in shock as well as Axel lay on the ground breathing heavily. Damon ran to his side and hoisted him up and then placed him beside me.

Dirt covered Axels face as he struggled to gain his breath. It took a while but he finally calmed down. The healing process had already begun and he was well on his way to being healed.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I? I think I owed it to you. To the both if you"

He looked over to me where I sat on the verge of tears. God I was an emotional wreck.

"I've done enough shit to you especially Lana. I've put you through hell and sorry doesn't even cut it. The least I could do was save the man who made you happy. The man who helped you when I couldn't. I will always be thankful for him and you. You both have taught me a valuable lesson. That love is weird and it comes out of something least expected, and someday I want to be the reason for a girls entire happiness" He was still breathing heavily as he finished.