She's Worth It

Damon's POV

Looking in the mirror, I finally got a good look at myself for the first time. Dark bags dotted the underneath of my eye and I had grown pale. I was a wreck at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if Miley Cyrus burst through the room with her wrecking ball and toppled me over, because right now a good sleep is what I needed. But I couldn't sleep knowing that she was missing, and she had yet to be found.

It had been a week now. A week since she had been taken and Axel and I were nowhere close to finding her. A subtle scent was nowhere to be found and I was on the brink of insanity. While in the middle of carefully analyzing myself in the mirror the ringing of the doorbell cut me short.

I released a heavy sigh and took one last look in the mirror and made my way to the door.

"Coming"

I checked the peep hole and saw Axel staring back at me. He looked rather distraught as he stood there. Quickly I unlocked the door and let him in. Which he was no stranger to doing because he walked straight in.

It must have been something important so I simply locked the door behind us and strode over to him. I could see faint traces of tears and I knew something wasn't right.

"Axel what happened?"

He shook his head furiously and then proceeded to wipe his eyes clean. I watched as he struggled to gain a hold of his emotions and it made me sad. I don't care that we had been on a roller coaster of emotions over the past year but he has been my best friend and brother since we could walk and talk.

"Eve, that's what happened"

Hearing his voice for the first time since he walked through the door I could hear his anger seeping through his voice

"Someone hurt her, badly, but she won't tell me who she is. She has a broken nose and bruises all over her face! I knew I should have went with her!"

He was in the middle of a raging anger fit, which was understandable because he mate had been hurt.

"Well did she tell you anything?"

Another furious head shake. Women were difficult I swear, even when it came down to saving their life and they still made an issue out of it.

"Five years of my life that I had invested in her and she still won't tell me anything! You would think she would tell me but she keeps her mouth shut"

He was very angry and it was very understandable why. He had took five years out of his life to be with her and she apparently doesn't trust him enough to say what really happened.

"How are you doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"Not worrying about Lana"

If only he knew...

"I am beyond scared of what is happening with her, but I know she's safe because I can feel her. "

He stood there silent, and as rapidly as he came in, he ran out in a furious rage. I called after him but it was no use, he was gone. He had shifted and ran.

Right now his problems were of no concern to me. My main concern was finding Lana. After I got over my own little pity party I made my way to the pack house to talk with Trystan and a few other pack members about Lana.

Walking inside the house I felt tense emotions arise. I walked toward the security room which passed by the nursing wing, there I saw Axel standing protectively over an injured Eve. It was nice to know he cared for her so much, but I still could never truly forgive him for what he did to Lana, despite the fact I accepted his apology.