~2~

3 days later

I breathe a sigh of relief as I load my trunk into our expensive Muggle car. My eyes shut tight in the sunlight as I adjust the glasses on the bridge of my nose. I stick my broom into the trunk and close it, my robes draped over my normal tee shirt and leggings.

My rugged sneakers look like they don't belong as I slide into the backseat of the nice car, buckling in as I look down at my gloved hands.

"Everyone will ask questions"

I shake my head softly, pushing away the thought as I glance out the window to see my foster parents walking to the car, whispering to each other.

As the get in, Darius looks into the rear window, sending me a glance, "Things are going to change this year Ivy. Be ready for it."

I dare not correct him to tell him Ivy isn't my name. The name that the Death Eaters have given me will never be my name.

I know that I may stick to the wall, silent, never moving, but Ivy is not my name.

I look down at my hands, "Yes sir."

He nods as he starts the car, peeling out of the driveway and towards King's Cross station.

When we arrive, he stops, putting the car in park as he pops the trunk, "I expect you home for Christmas. You have work to be done."

I nod gently as I say, "Yes sir," and step out of the car. I softly close my door and grab my trunk, my palms burning under the gloves, my cuts still fairly new.

I walk to the back, grabbing my personal trunk and closing the car's trunk. As soon as it's shut. Darius speeds away without a second glance. I don't stop to watch the car fade into the distance like I did in years past.

5 years ago

I pull my old trunk from the the expensive car, closing the door. I walk to the sidewalk and pull my trunk up onto it, turning with a smile to my new foster parents car. They were normally pretty nice, though I'd only been with them for 2 weeks now. When I look back, I see them peel out onto the main road and fly away.

Confusion crosses my features as I watch their car fade into the distance. Tears prick at my eyes but I wipe them away.

I thought they were nice. I thought I had been given new parents who were kind, and would take care of me just like my parents did.

But I guess they just wanted that extra check...

I flash back to reality as I hear a car honk loudly at me, realizing I was still in the road. I quickly drag my trunk up the steps, going and finding a trolley to place it on.

I sigh as I make the long trek to platform 9. I look around me, making sure no one is watching as I run at the brick column at full speed, crossing through to the other side.

I hear the sounds of laughter and talking as I see parents saying goodbye to their kids and vice versa.

I sigh again, seemingly for the 10th time today and walk past the families.

I see first years, nervous for the start of a new journey, and 7th years, ready to get it over with.

My heart leaps in my throat as I spot Ginny and Ron, quickly making my way over.