~18~

"Tonks, I think we need to talk," I say, finally finding her in the kitchen

For the past few days I've been avoiding speaking to her at all costs, but I finally realized I had to bite the bullet and just commit.

She looks over at me, her eyes going from the bag of crisps she was messing with to my eyes, "Yeah, we can talk..."

We spend hours talking and laughing, making light of the previously awkward situation.

Somehow along the way, we get on the topic of Quidditch.

"You know, your first year, Oliver fought to get you on the team," Tonks told me, setting down a glass of water that over time, we both went to get.

"Really?" I say, crossing my arms, "I honestly thought I got in on luck my first year. Most first years don't make it."

She nods, "Oh yeah, and your first game, that was amazing!"

Year 1

I feel the nerves settle in my stomach, my legs shaking under me.

"Don't worry," Oliver says, looking over at me, "My first game, took a Bludger to the head. Woke up a week later in the hospital."

I glare over at him, my eyes narrowed, "That doesn't help!"

He laughs, bumping my shoulder with his elbow, "Don't worry. You're great in practice, I'm sure you'll be better in the game."

I mount my broom, ready to take off at Oliver's call.

As we fly out, I soar up into the air, taking position beside the other Chasers.

"Now I want a good, clean match," Madam Hooch says as I glare at the Slytherin Chaser in front of me.

"Everyone ready?!" she calls, blowing her whistle as the Snitch is released. I see it fly by my head for a split second, flying off towards Charlie, then disappearing into the sky.

I see her toss the Quaffle, and it's mass chaos, everyone flying different directions. I race sideways, on the trail of a Slytherin beside me as I play my first match every, adrenaline pumping through my veins.

Tonks:

On the sidelines, I watch the match, only attending because there's really not much else for me to do today.

The Gryffindor and Slytherin matches are normally a must see around the school for everyone, knowing how intense they are because of their rivalry.

I see the Gryffindor first year, Cassiopeia Black, trailing after Marcus Flint, trying to snatch the Quaffle from him.

For a first year Quidditch player, she has a confidence most kids don't.

I see her slide under him and pull up right as he goes to make a shot, snatching it from the air and turning quickly to fly the other way.

I look over at the Gryffindor keeper, Oliver Wood, who is smiling, thoroughly impressed.

Rumors about this girl and her scarred lip have been spreading.

She passes the ball between her and the other Chasers until they get to the end, her catching the Quaffle and scoring the first point for Gryffindor.

I hear the call, the tick of the scoreboard flipping to change.

"Underdog and rookie, Cassie Black earns Gryffindor their first ten points!"