~11~

When my eyes finally open, I'm in the infirmary at Hogwarts. Madam Pomfrey is mixing some kind of elixer, and when I shift slightly, she looks over at me.

"Oh dear heavens, you're awake! I have to go tell Dumbledore! Stay here!"

I watch Madam Pomfrey leave and I look around.

Everything in the room is a strange shade of gray, making it seem much darker in here.

When I look around, everything that was once colourful and bright, seems dull and miserable.

I let my head fall back as I stare up at the ceiling, wanting to get up to follow Madam Pomfrey, but not seemingly able to, as though all my muscles and bones are no longer in my control.

I see movement at the entrance door as Dumbledore quickly approaches me, "Cassie, can you talk?"

I try, but my mouth just flaps open, my words silent.

Dumbledore's eyebrows furrow in concern, "I was afraid of this. Can you move your arms?"

I lift my arm up shakily, but without much problem.

"Thank heavens, and your legs?"

I look down at my legs as I try to move them, but it's like I have no control. Panic starts to set in as I can't even wiggle my toes. I try to speak, but nothing comes out and I panic more.

"Its alright, it's alright," Dumbledore says, placing his hand on my shoulder, "In time, you'll get better."

I make a motion for a quill and parchment, as Madam Pomfrey runs to get it.

I grab it, pushing myself up with my hands, and the help of Dumbledore.

I write shakily, my hands not cooperating completely.

"How long have I been out for?"

Dumbledore sighs, "About a month."

"Who all came to see me?"

"Well, Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Also Neville and Ginny. And Draco Malfoy. He seemed extremely concerned about you."

"I don't want to stay in the infirmary. I want to go back to classes."

Dumbledore reads this and nods, "Yes, we can set that up for you."

As he stands to leave to arrange things, I grab his arm and start writing again.

"Can I go back to my original house? I hate it in Slytherin, and they all hate me. They torture me, they've burned me, they all want me out. Please."

"Where have they burned you?"

I lift up my sleeve, showing him the snake wrapped around my arm.

"Firework snake, they put it in my trunk after they woke me up with water in the hallway."

Dumbledore furrows his brows again, "Why were you in the hallway?"

My hand writes quickly over the paper, turning it to him, "They locked me out the night before. I slept in the hall. In fact, I've never slept in a bed at all in there, I sleep on the couch."

Anger flashes over Dumbledore's face as he turns, "I'll have you transferred back to Gryffindor immediately, and I'll have strong words with Severus about this. No student should be going through this type of bullying."

To me, this is the first time Dumbledore seemingly hasn't known what's been going on in the school.

He waves his wand and my robes flash into his hands, changing from green and black, back to red and gold.