~21~

I approach the Hogwarts Express, Moody hobbling along at my side. My shoulders hunch in tiredness, my final workout of that morning draining me.

I feel the hard bottom of his staff smack into my back, straightening me up.

"Walk with confidence, people are staring," he says, looking around us

I straighten my back, sending downcast looks at people who stare at me.

My sweater is tight against my body, showing my athletic figure from my rigorous workouts over the entire summer. My skinny jeans show the defined, muscular build of my thighs and calves.

Every part of my body screams strong as hell, even though I don't feel that way deep down.

Deep down, I'm still that same girl with no confidence that I was at the beginning of summer, it's just covered up now with muscles and an indifferent attitude.

I never brought a pet to Hogwarts in my whole life, but this year, Moody bought me an owl.

It's a light gray owl with black spots and bright yellow eyes that reflect the sun. I named him Sunflower, after his bright yellow eyes. Moody thought it was ridiculous, but I thought it was cute.

It's a rather large owl, but I didn't have to worry about looks from Muggles since Moody Apparated us to the train.

The tradition of running through the wall to Platform 9 3/4 for my previous six years at Hogwarts is now broken. So is the tradition of coming into school with a new set of bruises, cuts, and scars.

For my first and final year going to Hogwarts, I'm not arriving alone...

I push my trolley towards the train, setting my stuff neatly down into the pile of other suitcases and bags.

"Do I take my owl with me on the train or do I just... leave him here?"

"You just sit him with your things and they'll take him for you," he says, his glass eye rolling around in his head, staring at the people around us.

"Okay, umm. I guess this is goodbye then," he adds, scratching his chin awkwardly.

"I guess so..." I say back even more awkwardly.

"Well, do well on your O.W.L's and this summer you'll go through a condensed Auror training course. You get through that, which I'm sure you will, you'll be an Auror. Well, an apprentice one, through me while I continue your training. The Ministry has never done something like this before, this kind of apprenticeship program, but your case is special. Just keep working hard and you'll do fine."

I nod, looking from him to the clock.

"I have to go now," I say, looking back at Mad-eye, "Take care of yourself Moody."

"You too kid," he says, ruffling my long, black hair.

I turn towards the train, setting out on my final first day of Hogwarts.

***

The second I'm on the train I instantly regret coming back to Hogwarts.

Students stare at me, whispering to one another about what they've read in the papers.

"Mysterious and Elusive Cassiopeia Black Brought to Light"

The name of the article.

Considered one of Rita Skeeter's greatest works, it's the full manuscript from my testimony, with her own charm and flare added in as she always does.

The most traumatic day of my life is considered one of Rita Skeeter's greatest works.

I find an open car and go inside, pulling the blinds closed quickly.