~15~

I spend the last meal at Hogwarts packing. Not having spoken again, this time by choice, since that night.

No one has tried to talk to me either. Not Harry, not Hermione, not Ron, not even Draco.

Once all of my clothes are packed, I pull my trunk down to the common room. My trunk is still covered in the nasty inscriptions, but I try not to notice.

I haven't any idea if I can still talk, or if it was a moment that came over me. I haven't even tried, mainly because I've been afraid to.

Once it's time to leave school, I head down to where everyone else is.

My eyes are swollen and red, and everyone avoids me as I push through.

Word spread about Darius, and him being investigated for child abuse and for being a Death Eater.

Word also spread about me "kissing arse" to Voldemort while I lived with Darius.

I sigh as I walk towards the train, avoiding any of my friends.

I don't want them talking to me. I don't want them to see me in this state.

Once on the train, I find an empty car, slipping inside and sitting by myself, against the window.

After a few minutes, I hear the door open, and I look up to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"Can we sit with you?" Harry asks, his voice soft.

I answer with a nod as I lay my head back down against the wall.

The three pile in, sitting down in seats beside me.

I sigh as I stare out the window, my eyes focused away from the group.

"Cassie?" Harry says softly, his eyes crossing over my features.

I glance at him, my eyes droopy and tired, the bags under them more noticeable by the day.

"Have you tried speaking since that night?" he asks, his eyes landing on mine.

I shake my head, looking into his worried eyes.

"Can you try to say something now?" Ron asks deftly, leaning forward, his elbows on his knees, "Maybe you'll still be able to talk."

I shake my head, looking away from them, back out the window.

"Cassie please, you have to try at some point," Hermione says, placing her hand on my shoulder.

I pull away from her, keeping my eyes out the window.

I hear Harry stand, walking towards me as he kneels down in front of me.

"Cassie please, he was my family too. I understand what you're going through, but you can't give up. Sirius wouldn't have wanted you to just give up. He loved you so much."

I feel Harry's hand take mine as I lean away from the window, looking down at our hands.

"Cassie, we're in this together. Please, talk to me."

I feel my mouth fall open and close as I try to form the words.

Tears start to fall down my face as I whisper.

"I-I-I m-miss him H-harry. I m-miss him s-s-so mu-uch."

I hear them all sigh in relief as Harry pulls me forward, "I know. Me too Cassie. But that was brilliant."

I feel my mouth open and close again, trying to speak more, "I-I-I st-stutter now I g-guess-ss."

Harry laughs softly as he squeezes my hand, "Who cares? You're talking and it's brilliant."