~14~

I chase after the trio as they all walk quickly ahead of me up the stairs, and I struggle behind with walking.

They speak about Sirius and his dream, but I don't hear everything until they stop and I catch up.

"What am I supposed to do, just let him die?! Hermione, he's the only family I've got left."

I feel a twinge in my chest as I catch up, looking up at Harry with glossy eyes as he continues, "And Cassie too. He's all she has too."

Ron and Hermione glance at each other as Ron speaks, "What are we going to do?"

"We'll have to use the Floo Network," Harry responds, walking towards Umbridge's office.

"Umbridge has the chimneys under surveillance," Hermione points out.

"Not all of them," Harry responds as he walks up to her office door.

"Alohamora," he speaks, the door opening quickly.

As everyone pushes forwards I look around the room again, the room I remember clearly as I look at the inscription in my skin.

When I finally look up, Umbridge is in the room.

Everything is a blur after that, other Dumbledore's army members being dragged in.

I stare at Umbridge as she speaks to Snape "Did you bring the Veritaserum?"

"I'm afraid you used all the Veritaserum interrogating Ms. Chang. Unless you wish to poison him, with which I would greatly sympathise, I cannot help you."

"He's got Padfoot!" Harry suddenly calls, and I feel myself freeze, "He's got Padfoot in the place that is hidden!"

"What's Padfoot?! Where is this place?!" Umbridge yells, glaring at Snape.

I glare at Snape, who simply looks back at Umbridge and says before leaving, "No idea."

My blood burns in my veins as Umbridge turns to Harry, "Well, I'm afraid you've given me no alternative Mr. Potter. I'm sure the Cruciatis Curse will loosen your tongue."

I try to race forward, but a hand yanks me back, and when I look up, it's Draco.

"Don't. She'll use it on you too," he whispers to me.

"That's illegal!" Hermione yells at her.

"What Cornilius Fudge doesn't know won't hurt him," she says, setting down the picture of him and looking over at her.

I quickly get her attention by waving my hand as I begin signing to her, letting the whole room hear it instead of just her, "Be careful. It might just tighten his tongue instead of loosen it."

I point at my own mouth and she narrows her eyes at me, "Don't you dare speak to me that way you mushmouth!"

"Speaking isn't exactly possible when you're mute," I throw back, crossing my arms afterwards.

Draco squeezes my shoulder as he leans down towards me to whisper again, "She's going to hurt you if you keep talking."

I sign back to him in annoyance, "Let her."

As Umbridge raises her wand, I quickly go to raise my own, but Hermione speaks, "Tell her, Harry!"

She whips her head around, glaring at Hermione, "Tell me what?!"

Draco tries to take my wand from me, but I fight against him.

"If you won't tell her I will! Dumbledore's secret weapon," she says, and I have to stop moving to keep from looking confused.