Read All About It

I wanna sing, I wanna shout,

I wanna scream till the words dry out.

So put it in all of the papers, I'm not afraid,

They can read all about it, read all about it, ohhhh.

I write songs, I can't listen to

Everything I have, I give to you

And every one of these lines I sing to you.

My job's more like public service

My life just became yours to read and interpret.

If you heard it it'd come across a lot different at times

I throw fits when I read how they word things.

You've seen me smile

Now you're gonna have to see me hurtin'

'cause pretending everything is alright

when it ain't, really isn't working.

Emeli Sande & Professor Green/ Read all about it

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Michael's POV*

"Please, sit down." Dr Evans motioned pulling a extra chair over before sitting behind his desk.

"He's dead, isn't he?" Luke mumbled, crying.

"Luke, just let the Dr. speak." Calum said almost crying aswell. I could feel my eyes beginning to water aswell.

"No, he isn't dead. We managed to bring him back. Unfortunately, he is in a coma. We don't know when he will awake or if he ever will wake up." Dr Evans said removing his glasses.

"Why, why is he in a Coma?" Calum asked.

"We put him in one-"

"Why did you put him in one?!?! So he would survive a little longer but die soon?" Luke shouted, obviously upset.

"We put him in a Coma as his heart, lungs and brain wouldn't of been able to cope with the blood loss, and the shock. It was for the best. If we didn't put him in a coma, he would of died." Dr Evans finished annoyed at Luke's questions. "There is a 50% chance he will wake up in the next month." He replied.

"What happens after a month?" I ask.

"We will ask Mr Hemmings, as he was the one with Ashton, whether we will turn life support off. After a month the chance of him waking up decrease to 30%."

"Can.. Can we see him?" Luke asked.

"Yes, come this way."

Dr Evans led us to ward 5 and opened the door to room 4. He closed the door behind us then disappeared.

Ashton was lying there. Pale faced, with a oxygen mask on his face along with other tubes sticking up his nose to feed him. I watched his lifeless body lying there connected up to various machines trying to keep him alive in the dark wards of hospital. The loud noises of his every breath scared me-but relieved me at the same time. I turned around to look at my other bands members who were in each others arms then slowly turned back to look at the vunerable member of our band. No one had the courage to say anything but we all knew we were going to get through it together. No matter what the outcome. I just hope he will recover and wake up very soon. I joined in the hug. Now, we were all in tears seeing our best friend in a critical condition. As we sat down next to Ashton, Luke grabbed his pale hand and squeezed it tightly then whispered something in his ear. Luke watched to see for any life but Ashton stayed completely still. I held his other hand, being careful of the needles and tubes sticking out. His hands were freezing, they looked blue. Calum stood watching over before giving Ashton a hug.

"They say people in coma's can still hear people." I said after 10 minutes of silence.

"We should talk to Ash." Calum added.

"Hey Ash, I hope you can hear us." I said trying to sound enthusiastic.

No movement.

"Not alot has happened since you've... since.. uh... you know." Michael stuttered.

"We all really hope you wake up real soon. Even though it's only been a few hours it isn't the same without you." Calum added.

"The band isn't going to be the same without you, Ash. You're the one that holds us all together. We love you Ash. You are our brother." I added.

We continued making small talk till 1am. Luke got quieter and quieter as the night went on but his grip on Ashtons hand got stronger and stronger.

"Luke, it's time to head home." Calum said patting his shoulder. "Ashton is stable. He's going to be okay."

''WHY CAN'T YOU TAKE THIS REAL? ASHTON IS LYING THERE, DEAD APART FROM MACHINES KEEPING HIM ALIVE. EVERYTHING ISN'T GOING TO BE OKAY. I'M GOING. DON'T COME LOOKING FOR ME. I'LL BE HOME SOMETIME, OKAY?'' Luke shouted getting extremely upset before storming out of the hospital ward.

''Should... Should we go after him?''Calum asked.

''He needs his space.'' I replied before we said bye to Ashton and headed home.

*Ashton's POV*

I heard the door open and close to my room. It was silent. I began to wonder if anyone was actually here. Why can't I just open my eyes? Ashton, get a grip. Open .Your. eyes. That's when I heard the sniffles of all 3 of my band members. Was I really that bad? Someone sat down beside me and grabbed my hand and squeezed it. It was Luke. I could tell by his long fingers and his firm, yet delicate hold. I wanted to open my eyes and tell him that everything was going to be alright. But I couldn't.Ashton, why? Just open your damn eyes.

I felt Luke's face against my cheek.

"Wake up Ash. I need you. I can't do this alone." Luke whispered in my ear. I need to wake up now. Luke won't be able to cope. I know Luke. He will blame himself. Why hadn't I just been successful and died completly? Ugh, Ashton. you're such a failure. Can't even commit suicide without failing.

Luke returned to his original position as I felt another body near my head. It was Calum giving me a hug. I wanted to wrap my arms around Calum and tell him I was okay. But I couldn't. Michael grabbed my other hand, but never held on as tightly as Luke, but did slow, gentle strokes. He knew that this comforted me.

It seemed like ages since anyone spoke again. Calum broke the silence by suggesting they talked to me. I could hear them and I wanted to shout that I could, but I just couldn't. Nothing would move, or make any noise. I couldn't even control my own breathing. They made little statements about random things, bless them. It must be hard for them. I could feel Luke's grasp getting tighter and tighter. It never hurt, it was just sort of uncomfortable. Then, all of a sudden, Calum announced it was time to go. That's when Luke lost it. He started shouting really loudly. He started saying I was dead. I am not dead. I'm still alive. Then he left. Told Mikey and Cal not to go looking for him. "YOU NEED TO GO AFTER HIM" I tried to shout. But I made no noise. Then, the remaining 2 left. Leaving me alone. Well done Ashton. You ruined all 3 of your friends lives. Great job, pal. That's when I decided to completly shut of.