Chapter 26

Between one drink and another, poker games and other ludicrous stuff including making out with no limits whatsoever, Leigheanna and Rowan have finally found their pleasure

Between one drink and another, poker games and other ludicrous stuff including making out with no limits whatsoever, Leigheanna and Rowan have finally found their pleasure. No matter if they're drunk, they're carefree and ready to enjoy their night in the city that never sleeps.

However, Leigheanna still has some unattended business to take care of. Bridie is ready to come and show the infamous proof of Kaitlin's past as an abuser and as an evil woman who hates kids and teenagers.

Suddenly, she receives the text message she's been waiting for for the last ten minutes.

Come and meet me outdoors. I've got the proof. Alaria and the others had to go. Bridie x

Leigheanna reads it carefully. Why is Bridie alone now? This, anyway, is not the only question she wants an answer to. Even though this meeting is a death or life matter, she doesn't want to ditch her friends like that. So, she has a brilliant idea.

Why don't you come inside instead? It's more comfortable and I could introduce you to my friends. Is it okay for you? Leighy xx

Bridie accepts Leigheanna's invitation, much to the latter's joy. So, when the doorbell rings, it's the rebellious and drunken blue-haired girl who opens the door, in order not to raise pointless suspicion on her.

Bridie: Leighy! Hold on... you smell of alcohol...

Leigheanna: Oops... I guess I have to wash my mouth!

Bridie: Oh, don't worry. You don't look too drunk, hopefully.

Leigheanna: Would you like a drink?

Bridie: Oh, that would be fantastic. But you can show me around before, what do you think?

Leigheanna: Oh, that's a brilliant idea! Come on, Bridie, let's go!

Leigheanna takes Bridie's hand and the two of them head to the lounge, where Taylor, Leslie and the others are still chilling around, drinking and dancing. The rhythm of the EDM sounds is blasting through the house, making Bridie want to follow it, too. However, after a few wrong steps, she regains her composure and sits on one of the couches, waiting for Leigheanna to do the same.

Afterwards, everyone sits down, with Leigheanna taking her place straight next to Bridie. Silence falls on the room as Taylor turns the music off and everyone exchanges awkward looks. This means that Leigheanna has to break the ice.

Leigheanna: Guys, you know... Things have been hectic lately, especially when I couldn't make it earlier to Vegas because of my aunt, Kaitlin.

Leslie: You don't need to worry, Leighy. We're all here together, and this is what matters the most.

Leigheanna: Though, thanks to a special person, I managed to go through all this shit and find the courage to follow my dreams and reach you.