Prologue

The palace steps seemed shorter and shorter as she made her way through the palace

The palace steps seemed shorter and shorter as she made her way through the palace. Her ruby like dress which was placed on her Angelique slender figure doomed every man who had set eyes on her, having a pearl blue eyes like  that of an innocent dove.

The huge doors opened softly and gently as she made her way in. Even the spokesman couldn't help but admire the gem In front of him. The spokesman called out her name once she stood there at the entrance - "Miss Mia Belle from Blue Hale mountain"
As she was about to courtesy in front a woman grabbed her and pulled her behind a statue

"What do you think of yourself ? " She said. This time Rose was serious seeing Mia as nothing but a threat to her. "Do you think the people of Blue Hale mountains would let you rule over ? " Mia felt burdened with such questions but she was here to fulfill her duty as a daughter. She kept her calm; to avoid  attracting any sort of  attention towards her.

The trumpet was suddenly blown off. "Make way ! "Shouted the grand vizier pushing away the 'prince - thirsty' maidens away. All of the good etiquettes within every single eligible bachelorette disappeared except Mia. Their delicate touches and elegant footsteps changed to wild actions. All of them scrambled trying to get a hold of Mark even just with their glance.

Apart from his throne, Mark's physique was enough to make him worthy of the uncontrolled attention. He was an exception when regarding to beauty because he was beyond that; flawless. His diamond shaped face embedded with emerald orbs  which aimlessly searched through the crowd. All those girls who dressed up beautifully, perhaps to impress him stood out as an obstacle. They became vultures at his sight fighting for a chance to dance with him. All was heard by the others who stood out were the girls shouting claiming that he was theirs, which he knew was nothing but lies.

The young maidens struggled almost ruining his fine suit and wavy auburn hair. In a twinkle of an eye, his eye managed to finally get a hold of what he was searching for. He knew Mia's presence was something that attracted him instantly like a gravitational force.

'More beautiful with every passing day. ' He thought.

The Prince approached her leaning to kiss her gloved hand. Mia looked at him with uncertainty and maybe if she had a choice she wouldn't be there.

"Can I have the honour of the first dance ? "

"Ye..... Ye...yes your grace"she said in a hoarse voice.

The soft waltz played as they walked to the center. The dance was graceful making every other  maiden's heart skip a beat and their breathes fuming with jealousy at the sight of it.

As they continued dancing, Mark matched the dramatic turn of the tune by spinning Mia perfectly enough for the jealous ladies in waiting to make them gasp. The dance was a perfect trance for everyone that watched but a draining melody to Mia's heart.

"Why can't you love me ?" He whispered into her ear leaning against her to feel the jasmine scent that he loved once more.

"You must understand your highness. it's not my liking to be here but circumstances -"

"Please, Just try" He didn't want her to finish what she was about to say, to painful all in all for him to know the answer. But they both knew the answer.

Unable to hold the pressure, Mia cried silently leaning against his chest to hide her face.
The waltz continued to play, this time being more Luring and calming. The soft sound echoed in her ears forming a mist and fogging her vision with the past. A past of no importance but still it triggered tears. For it was no tear to come without a sweet mess.