Turner.

The weekend had passed away so fast, as Mia busied herself in all the house works since her mom was busy gambling at the neighbouring house. Mia's father took shifts during most of the weekend while her  brother Jansen was barely in the house.

“What happened? Was this Dean's way of apology?" Adrianne asked as they sat in class, preparing for the chemistry lesson.

Mia's face turned pale. "I will tell you everything during lunch hour." 

Mia was doomed to fail be it in chemistry from titration to finding traces of copper in a solution or in the ways men like Dean thought.

Never has a person ever occupied her brain before, it was empty and now the filling thoughts was just overwhelming for her. Dean caused all the forceful thoughts that speared her mind into confusion whilst Max was the perfect catalyst.

After the long lessons, Adrianne and Mia went for lunch and sat at their usual corner.

“You owe me an explanation! " Adrianne said wasting no time.

“First, Dean is not into me or something like inviting me to be his date to apologise."

“What the hell Mia?"

“Its a plan to get Max to fall for me. Please don't tell anyone "

“Somebody pinch me! What?"

“No one should know Dean came to pick me up. Everyone at the party knows I came alone, including Max "

“What! What? What?" Adrianne threw her hands up in defeat. She felt like she was in a cheap comedy show where everyone will come out and tell her 'it's a prank ". But there was no sign of cameras, there was no sign of people giggling and Mia's eye didn't twitch.

“Shit" Adrianne finally said.

“I knew it, you had a secret crush on Max!" She confirmed wiggling her eyebrows and sticking her tongue out.

“Oh my! Well done Sherlock. " Mia rolled her eyes and bit into a biscuit.

“Wait... That look means I am completely wrong?"

“Well I hate to disagree but your IQ confirms so."

Adrianne snatched the biscuit and munched.

“Do tell, miss De facto!" Adrianne commanded as she finished the last bit.

“Dean decided that he will help me with my grades while I be Max's distraction... I don't know why I have to make Max fall for me? Wait, what?"  Mia was unsure of everything and she felt like a mere puppet in all of this.

“Hey guys! Can I join?" Rose arrived with her lunch box   interrupting Mia and Adrianne.

“Sure " Adrianne replied without hesitation.

Rose sat and opened her lunch box. The aroma was just enough to make Adrianne's and Mia's stomach go nuts. It was broccoli pie. Perfectly seasoned and sautéed broccoli, caramelized enough to  make you salivate.

She offered Mia and Adrianne, each a piece and the accepted in delight.

“This pie makes me want to replace all the pi-s in my maths book" Adrianne spoke as she delicately bit in.

“Except that she lost all her maths books. " Mia snorted. “Thank you Rose. Its delicious "

“Yes, Thank you, oh Good one" Adrianne smiled.

“That's what friends are for. " She gave them a half smile.

“Hey Mia, I wanted your help..." Rose said looking as if Mia was her last hope to salvation.

---------------------------------------

;-)