The party.

“Keep the drinks over that counter. " Rose instructed Mia who was helping in preparation of the party.

“One hour till everyone starts arriving .”  Adrianne added as she unpacked the bag of crisps into the bowl.

Mia overall was tired throughout the week as she had detention with both Max and Dean. She thought the party would be a perfect way to make her forget about the stressful week.

“One bag of crisps is enough." Rose said as she prevented Adrianne from opening another bag of crisps.

“But why?" Adrianne munched a crisp.

“These are not healthy snacks, at all. We should have fruits and salads in plenty" she said smiling as if she saved a life.

“Oh shoot!" Adrianne said before she burst into laughter. She laughed enough to crawl for support on the floor.

“I have a dream" Adrianne said trying to contain her laughter.

“Where everyone is healthy..." Adrianne added as she continued to laugh uncontrollably.

They managed to prepare for  the party according to the time they expected, having enough time to freshen up and change. Adrianne managed to look good in baggy jungle green jeans and a black vest while Rose decided to go for a pink miniskirt and a white top. Mia preferred her normal worn out  blue jeans and an oversized orange T-shirt.

By 9 pm people started arriving and after five minutes they couldn't keep track. Adrianne was busy arguing with some guys about a comic book while Rose was busy turning down guys who wanted to talk to her.

Mia wasn't used to such a life and when the number of  people started increasing, she excused herself to the kitchen. The kitchen was less populated and less noisy.

“Why is pepper alone?" Max appeared out of nowhere and leaned on the counter his arms crossed.

“Buying some alone time." Mia said creating as much space as possible.

Max moved closer on noticing what she was doing.

“But you are supposed to make me fall for you. That's not how" Max said adding his signature smile at the end.

“Yes but I need time... How did you know?"
Mia was in fact shocked because all along she felt bad for fooling Max but he knew.

“Figured it out since Dean came with you to the party." Max replied with a cool tone. Its like he wasn't hurt at all.

“Sorry. I am such a fool. I just agreed out of desperation but that doesn't make up for doing so." Mia said feeling ashamed.

“Relax. Its expected this from Dean." Max Shrugged.

“Why do you think so?"

“Dean and I used to be friends. But a year back Dean caught me with her girlfriend... But I swear, she forced herself on me."

“Oh" was all she said. “So now what should I tell Dean? Hey our plan backfired but we have thrown an awesome party?" Mia asked plainly.

“Just pretend I don't. I want to see how far he will take it. "

“Could you be any serious? "

Max's response was far from what Mia had expected. It was not within Max's nature to be dramatic or the loud type, but his actions were far away from the usual human response.

‘An alien guy indeed!' Mia thought.

‘A sweet mess I am in.' Max thought.

“The situation is not that bad and I dig your effort. Though the party is quite terrible. I mean who the hell serves salads in a highschool party? What's this? A grandmas reunion bash?"

“Its a healthy option, stop complaining. " Mia replied immediately.

“It would be amazing to find magic mushrooms part of those horrible looking salads. Us teenagers like oily foods and booze" Max said before leaving to a friends call.

“Sorry I can't hear you. The music is loud" Mia shouted back and  left to check up on her friends.

As she was walking confused between uncontrolled hormonal teenagers, someone grabbed her and pulled her  to the couch. Of course, Dean.

“How will Max check you out if you are wearing like this?" Dean said as he held her by the  waist, crumpling the excess material of the T-shirt.

“How?" Mia asked trying to push Dean away.

“Baggy... "Dean struggled to make a decent reply as his eyes played along with hers.

She blinked. He blinked.

“Spare some meat for us! Aubrey is waiting for you in the closet upstairs."  Harper said teasingly pulling Mia towards him.

-------------------------------------
Did you know

“The Core i9-10900K is going to take over from its predecessor, the 9900K, as ‘the world’s fastest gaming processor’. Under the right conditions, this CPU can reach a boost speed of up to 5.3GHz, while also offering plenty of cores and threads for software to take advantage of. Intel’s presentation on 10th Gen also boasts real-world performance gains compared to previous generation processors and versus three-year old gaming PCs.”

Read more on google.

Don't forget to vote!
See ya!