The player

At the school

“why do I feel like there's something you are hiding from me?" Rose asked anxiously.

“Nothing" Mia lied again to her but she had no option left since the matter could only remain between her and Dean. Mia already planned to ask more about their plan during detention time she would spend  with Dean. She stuffed her books inside her locker and headed to the washroom to change since she was having PE classes. She changed into her baggy shorts and a t shirt. As she reached the field the coach informed them there would be shuffling of teams.

As usual Mia was not keen on such matters because she hated gym. The girls kept on sneaking a laugh because every time they saw her clothes which looked as if it was run by a garbage truck erupted laughter. Mia scanned briefly and noticed all girls wore neat clothes and fitting unlike hers. She saw Aubrey who happen to be appointed as team captain and decided to approach her to see if she could be let off the hook.

“Hello Aubrey " Mia stretched out her hand.

“No, I am not going to greet you as long as you have that thing on you "  Aubrey replied covering her nose.

“No problem" Mia immediately jammed her hands inside the pockets “So Aubrey what did you do to make your pants less freckled? "

“Ever heard of Ironing your clothes?"

" I knew that. Can you like not choose me in today's participants for the game?"

“The coach is the one that decides" Aubrey said skipping away.

“Listen up you pile of junk foods!" The coach shouted suddenly causing all the girls to gather around her. “Today, and by that I mean from now on" Everyone was holding their breathe

“We would be playing with the boys team. Ladies, Man up!" The coach spat causing vigor discussions among the girls.

“Drake will notice my butt with this tight shorts " a girl whispered to another girl and they both squealed. But for Mia it was the opposite, she knew Dean would be there and she knew  his presence was never to be underestimated.

Silly thoughts rushed in her mind but she neither couldn't risk failing in PE class nor did she want to be part of the game. She sat on a bench nearby trying to calm her thoughts. Beside her was a tall girl called Morrigan.  Morrigan was not popular but rather a weird introvert. There was once a rumor that she once faked amnesia so she could not take part in the workouts given to them by their coach.

Mia sat her legs tightened to the ground as she was sweating profusely. Steps echoed all over the volleyball pitch, Mia looked up and her eyes met Deans eyes. For a few seconds their eyes fought for dominance and Mia broke the glance facing down. He walked mightly  with his boys behind him ignoring all the attention he was given by all the girls present there.

"Hey chickens get yourselves here" The coach ordered pointing toward Mia's direction. Mia and Morrigan walked in slow motion taking all the time they needed so they could  hatch a plan to save themselves from what they thought was monsters