Chapter 13

Percy's POV

When I got to her lair I found it covered in webs as I expected, but I also smelled something powerful too, and I walked through the webs biting through them with my teeth and spitting out the remains before I saw where the power was coming from. It was a large statue of Athena and I realized that this must've been what was stolen a long time ago, but I had no way of carrying it and I passed it by but I felt something watching me from the shadows. I kept looking around as I walked and then I saw a green field, and I was about to run over to it when I smelled something. I slowly walked and just barely managed to avoid getting myself send into a deep and ancient hole separating me and the green field. 

"It's wonderful isn't it, the entrance to Tartarus himself on earth, and it doesn't connect to Hades' Realm at all" I heard a voice come from behind me and I jumped up wondering what could be making that voice, and when I looked behind me there was nothing to be seen. That was until a spider dropped to the floor suspended by a web as she looked at me with her strange eight eyes. 

"Not really" I said not afraid to talk using my voice even in wolf form 

"Oh my, such a beautiful creature tainted by darkness to walk this earth till either's end" it said dropping to the floor leaving the web stuck to the floor as a sort of anchor. She walked around me, but I just stepped over her web as she went around me trying to get me caught up in what she was saying so that I wouldn't noticed her trying to wrap me in one of her prisons "I used to be a beautiful specimen myself until Athena took that from me and cursed me to walk this earth as this hideous thing. Like you" 

"I am not a cursed thing, what I received was a blessing from my first father" I said stepping over her again and I could smell her frustration every time I stepped over it or clawed my way through it if she went faster. I stepped out of her way and shifted making Revenge and Slayer as I pointed them towards her "and I will give you a deal. You accept your fate of death and I'll give you a quick death, or you can try to fight me and I'll tear you apart" I said and then chuckling was heard as her form melted into a pile of webs leaving me confused. 

"You cannot kill me" she said seemingly coming from everywhere "I've killed and feasted upon those who've tried, and let me tell you I'll take my time devouring you because you threatened me so" I put away my knives and had three arrows shot in the areas of her voice in seconds, but I heard no hiss or howl of pain and I looked around warily as I pulled back the string again letting another arrow take it's place. 

"You will never kill me" she said from just behind me and I quickly spun around faster than she could react and I used the edge of my bow to slice at her leg making her melt into webs again and leaving the stump of a leg in the middle of the nest of silk and golden ichor seeping into the fabric. 

"You will pay for that" I heard her hiss from the other side of the room and she had an arrow in where her shoulder would be if she were anything else, and then I saw her disappear again and something pushed me back towards the Pit before pulling me forwards, and I got my knives ready, but they were snatched from my hands by two blobs of silk flying at them knocking them from my hands. I put my hand in my pocket and pulled out Riptide in pen form and I tried grabbing the silk with my hands and ripping it off me, and I felt my wristbands return but not before my hands where covered in silk and I fought 'helplessly' as she reeled me in laughing. 

"I will feast off of you and then drag you out of Tartarus again, and again till you fade" she said and I saw her eyes, I put a nail against the bottom of the cap and readied to push it off, but I wasn't close enough yet to actually kill her. I saw her gleaming fangs and changed my mind, I pushed off Riptides cap and it sliced through the webs like paper, and I swung in a wide arc cutting her in half and then I stabbed upwards and caught her underside before throwing her over my head and into the Pit. I heard her screaming as she went over the edge having lost too much blood and strength to climb her way up. I tore the rest of the webs off due to my glamour having been destroyed due to the webs having magial properties and I grabbed a-lot of yarn before getting the statue ready for the others to pick it up, and then I grabbed more yarn and jumped in after the spider to finish her off.