Chapter 4

It was barely her second day in this school, and here she was already stuck in a club with two boys she barely even knew. Question after question flew back and forth between the nerds of the school. Meanwhile,  Jo continued her her homework like nothing was going on. To her left, Peter sat just as bored as she was, except for the fact that he was swooning over Liz every chance he had to.

To his left, Ned was kicking back in the seat with his eyes barely open. Neither one were into this whole academic decathlon thing, but they were smart enough to be a part of it.

Any chance that Peter was given to answer a question, he normally did- mainly because it impressed Liz.

As of now however, people were going back and forth arguing over an answer that only Liz had. She was waiting for someone to answer it. This time, Peter didn't seem to know what the solution to the problem was, and seeing his frustration made Jo feel a little empathy. So, flipping her notebook to a blank piece of paper, her pen worked quickly scribbling down what came to her head.

What is the average lifespan of a human red blood cell?

With a sigh, Jo slid the piece of paper over to Peter and then pulled her book to her chest continuing to read. Almost confused, Peter looked at her then back to the paper then up to Liz. "120 days?"

All the attention went to him, and Liz let off yet another warm smile. "That's right. Great job Peter."

To herself, Josie smiled and took her notebook back without looking at him. Then, writing a you're welcome, on the piece of paper and sliding it over to him again, Jo chuckled hearing him fold it up and stuff it into his pocket so no one else could see.

===============================

Walking at an annoyingly slow pace with Ned, Jo clung onto the straps of her backpack and sighed. "His romanticism kills me." She peeked backwards to Peter who was just exiting the room with Liz at his side.

Ned just shrugged. "Hey, you're the one setting him up for failure."

"I don't think Peter's going to strike out on this one." She chuckled.

"What makes you say that? Look at him, and look at her. Two completely different people."

"So were Romeo and Juliet. Star crossed lovers if I remember right."

"Don't they die in the end?" Ned smiled.

Shrugging, Josie rounded the corner with another peek in Peter's direction. "I'm not sure, I never read it."

================================

"You really did a great job today Peter." Liz complimented him.

Talk about her. "Oh, thank Liz. But I have to give you props you know?"

"Why?"

"Organizing all those questions, not to mention everyone in there. I couldn't do it."

Seeing her blush made his heart soar. "Wow, thanks. I didn't think anyone even noticed."

"Oh, well I do, I promise."

Nodding, Liz looked him up and down as they continued walking. Then, she averted her attention to the two in front of them. She knew Ned, the guy was always hanging around Peter. But the blonde next to him, she was pretty, but Liz had never really seen her around; and she seemed pretty close to Peter, Liz could tell just by the way they were sitting today after school.

"So who is she?" Liz asked motioning to Jo.

Looking forward, Peter smiled seeing his friends. "Josie? She just moved here, came to school yesterday and ran into her. She's pretty cool."