Chapter 6

The alarm rang over and over and over again. It wasn't hers, so Josie didn't move. However, seeing as Peter wasn't going to be coming to life any time soon, she let out a groan and blindly reached for it. As she did so, Josie could  have sworn she felt a tugging on her waist.

Failed attempt after failed attempt passed until finally she had his phone in her hand. With groggy eyes, Josie turned it off and set his phone back on the bed.

Then, she twisted onto her back still confused at the pressure around her hips. So, forcing her eyes open, Josie looked down, brushed her hair out of her face and froze as her site focused. Peter was still out cold, head against her stomach now with his arm around her hips.

The guy looked so peaceful. His breath was slow, small curls falling in front of his eyes, and skin so soft it looked flawless.

"Peter?" She softly grumbled down to him.

Of course, he didn't even flinch.

Josie moved herself to try and stir him. "Pete."

"You won't wake him up." May's voice suddenly made her jump. "I usually let him sleep for another half hour." The woman had a huge smile across her face, shoulder leaning against the doorway. It shook Josie to her core, but May looked genuinely happy. "Come on, you can help me make breakfast."

Then, she was spinning out of the room and into the kitchen.

Why wouldn't she freak out, any typical parent would if she walked in on her teenage boy cuddling with his 'friend' that she had just met.

Curious, Josie peeled Peter's arms off of her waist and sucked her stomach in to make more room. Then, as soon as she had the chance, she slipped out of the bed and put a pillow beneath his arm so he wouldn't stir.

As soon as she was in the clear, Jo reluctantly exited his room and shut the door behind her. "You don't need to be so careful honey, I promise he won't wake up." May called from the kitchen.

Sending her a look, Josie approached the counter with her arms hugging herself. "Uh, just so you know Mrs.-"

"Again, call me May. "

Josie smiled. "Right. We didn't do anything though May, I just don't want you to think that-"

"Oh god no." She waved Josie off. "I'm not worried about that. I know my Peter, but I am a little curious as to why you didn't just ask to stay the night when I picked you two up yesterday. Here, you can make the pancakes." She handed Josie the batter, bowl, and all of her mixings.

Taking ahold of the job, Josie sighed. "I was actually on my way home when this guy kept trying to talk to me. Turns out he was a little more aggressive than what met the eye."

"Oh my god." May looked at her from cracking the eggs. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Josie chuckled. "Thanks to your nephew."

"Peter?"

"Yeah, I was actually on the phone with him when it happened. Next thing I know he's outside looking for me. Your house was closer, so he just brought me here."

"Well, I'm glad he did. But he should have woke me up, we could have gotten the police and-"

"He was slow anyway, I had plenty of room to get away. I just literally ran into Peter." She chuckled.

There was a slight silence in the kitchen. Then, with a swallow, May stopped and turned to her again.

"I'm sorry it's not really any of my business, but who were you seeing that late at night?"