Chapter 15

Walking into school the next day, Peter couldn't help but smile. Ned was absolutely freaking out. "Dude, how does it feel to be the most popular kid in school and nobody knows its you?"

He was right. Ever since the elevator incident, people had been blowing up about Spider-Man. They were wearing shirts, talking about him nonstop, and bragging about lies claiming they had met him.

It. Was. Incredible.

"Hey, where's Josie?" Ned asked. "You know she's the big gossip too."

Sighing, Peter shook his head. "She's staying home for the day."

"I can't blame her. Dude, she almost died." Ned practically yelled.

Peter hushed him. "I know, but hey- I'm leaving after first hour. So, can you do me a favor and keep an eye on Liz?"

"Sure. What for?"

"Just make sure she's okay."

Confused, Ned stopped at his locker with him.

"Well, why don't you just ask?"

"Because I probably won't see her." Throwing his books into his locker from last night Peter replaced them with what he would need tonight. "May is coming to get me in a little bit"

"Where are you two going? She never lets you ditch school."

"I know." Peter closed his locker. "But this is important."

================================

Leaning on her bathroom counter, Josie pulled back the small bandage she had on her forehead with a hiss. It already looked better, but she had to keep neosporin on it.

Her body was sore as could be. Just the jerking of the elevator, it was enough to wreck the muscles in her body from head to toe. But the collision between herself and Liz, that's what really messed her up. May offered to take her to the hospital, but that was the last place that Josie wanted to go. She spent enough time there as it was.

By her left hand, Josie felt her phone vibrate before the ringer went off. She looked down and saw a picture of Peter pop up with his name.

He was calling her, probably to check in.

So, swiping it, she put it on speaker and continued applying neosporin. "Hey Pete."

"Hey, how you feeling?"

Sighing, Josie wiped away the fresh blood. "Better, how was school? Were you the talk to the century?"

Peter chuckled on the other side of the line. "I don't know, I didn't go."

Stopping what she was doing, Josie looked down at the phone. "What? Why?"

"I'll show you."

What did he mean?

"You locked your window, let me in."

Then, the line went dead. She stopped, looked at her now blank phone, then back at her reflection.

Slowly, step by step, she entered her living room and smiled seeing Peter sitting outside her window. She quickly opened it and let him in. "I told you where the key was." She chuckled.

"I forgot?" He tried before closing the window behind him.

"Why weren't you at school today?" She sounded like a mom.

Moving right past her, Peter went to her freshly moved in couch and sat down on it. "Because May and I were taking a tour of the city today."

"A tour of the city."