Chapter 10

"You're. On. Drugs." Josie stood on the fire escape with her backpack on tight. "I'll honestly just be late for school- thanks."

Peter was standing on the edge smiling over his shoulder at her. The sun kissed his body perfectly, his skin glowing where it was open to the air. The setting sun, that belong to her mother. But the rising sun- that seemed to be all Peter.

"Come on." He extended his hand out to her. "I promise it's safe."

The boy wore his web slingers ready to whisk her away to school. He had done it only a thousand times, but Josie had never even thought about it. "It's not the webs I don't trust."

"What, you think I'm going to drop you?!" He laughed.

Silently, Josie stared back at him.

"Oh my god, you do?!" He laughed.

"Kind of!"

Peter rolled his eyes and this time, extended his hand out to her. "Come on Jo." He sighed. "Just trust me."

Staring at his hand, Josie took a step back at first. However, Peter held his ground. So, knowing that he wasn't going to back down, Josie let out a hard breath and stepped forward taking his hand.

Almost effortlessly, he had practically lifted her up onto the bar beside him steadying her balance with an arm wrapped around her and hand on her side. She looked down at the drop, took in a breath, and then almost lost her balance again due to the bag on her back. "Hey, Hey, Hey." Peter gripped her harder. "Look at me. It's okay."

He had suddenly pulled her closer, and she could feel her side against his as well as his breath.

Both stood there for a second, eyes locked on one another, neither really deciding to move. "Hold onto me, okay?" He nodded inches away from her face.

Nodding back, Jo closed her eyes as he extended one arm and shot a web, and the other wrapped around her tightly. Quickly, she had her arms around his neck and held her breath while burying her head into his shoulder.

The bar beneath them was suddenly gone, and she could feel nothing but Peter and the air.

A few curse words left her lips, but after four long swings from the webs of Peter, she had her eyes open looking at the city as it flew past them.

Peter would alternate arms, which one was holding her.

As they went through the city though, he would look at her on and off with a smile on his face. She was warming up to it, he could see it. However, she still seemed scared.

"Just relax!" He yelled back. "I promise I wont let you fall!"

So, she did the best that she could.

Her eyes watched as each person beneath her flew by completely oblivious to them. They all went about their daily lives, jobs, everything that they had planned. Meanwhile, they were just two kids swinging their way to school.

Beneath her, every muscle in his body seemed to strain as he carried them through the city. It made her flinch for a second, but realize she couldn't pull away.

Not minutes passed before he was landing them in the back of an alleyway right outside their school.

"Holy shit." She breathed as they landed on the ground and he let her go. "Let's never do that again."

"You didn't like it?!" He laughed.

"I probably wouldn't recommend it again." She chuckled running her hand over her braid. "But it wasn't terrible"