f o u r

"This is my home." I meant to say it enthusiastically but it didn't come out as planned.

"It fucking sucks."

"Thank you. You're very kind."

"Still better than mine." He dropped himself on my dark red couch.

"You don't live at the manor?" I sat on the edge of the armchair opposite.

"No." He shrugged. "I don't want to go there."

"Alright. Are you hungry?"

"No."

"Malfoy, we've been constantly meeting for the past two weeks and I never once saw you eat."

"Your concerns are highly appreciated but I don't eat much."

"Well, I'm going to force you to eat." I got up and walked into the kitchen.

I came out again after about fifteen minutes to call for him. He had one of my books opened on his lap. "Come on, food's ready."

"You read Shakespeare?" He asked as we sat facing each other on my small round table. "Wait, let me rephrase that. You read?"

"Yes, I read, Malfoy." I shook my head.

"Don't shake your head at me like that. It's not like you were the most diligent student in Hogwarts. I used to seriously think you were incapable of reading at times." He shrugged.

"Alright, that is insulting, Malfoy." I glared. "Anyway, when you've run out of sources of entertainment, you're sort of obligated to read."

"Or cook, apparently." He said, pointing at the dish I had just prepared.

"Or cook."

I filled his plate with pasta then did the same with mine.

His delight while eating was crystal clear. It was absolutely brilliant.