Chapter 2

"Ai'Arthit, are you in heat..?" Prem whispered.
"Shia..! What are you saying Ai'Prem...?" Arthit looked around. They are sitting on the meeting room. No one is there except himself, Prem, Knott and Kimmon. Bright and Toota already left with the other hazers to drink. They just finished the meeting wherein they discussed the strategies to be used on the next cheer meeting with the freshmen.
"Then how can you explain what happened in the gathering this afternoon?" Prem continued.
"What do you mean?"Arthit look at his friends. Concerns are written all over their faces.
"There's no use on denying, Ai'Arthit. We have known each other for a very long time. You know we are always here for you..." Kimmon said.
Arthit glared at him. He never admit it but they surely know. They somehow found out themselves. Its been three years already that they have known Knott, Prem, Toota and Bright. Knott and Prem are both alpha, while Toota and Bright are betas. Kimmon on the other hand has been his friend since childhood. He is a very capable alpha who belongs to the one of the strongest packs in the society. And he is actually very thankful that they become friends.
"What are you saying?"
"Did you miss your pill yesterday? Or only today?" Knott asked.
He did not answer. Still wondering why.
"Damn, Ai'Arthit. You suddenly started to leak your scent in the hall. Good thing we are there and Kimmon has been able to immediately seize the situation.
"Ow?! Ahmm, fine! I am. But how can that happen? I never missed taking it, not even once..." he finally admitted, but is also confused.
"Are you sure?" Knott asked.
"Stop it already. I can take care of myself."
"Really?! You almost threw yourself to that kid and you can still say you'll be fine? Tell us, were you aroused by his wifey thing?" Prem joked.
He hit his friend's head hard.
"That kid looks like a very strong alpha, Ai'Arthit. Beware of him," Knott declared. "I checked his file and saw that his level is the same as Nong Foth."
"Forth.. as in Forth Jaturapoom, the second year we know?!"Prem exclaimed."Wow! You are in trouble, Ai'Arthit!"
"Shia! He is just a kid.. I am not afraid of him. I know how to handle stubborn alphas.."
"Really..?"
"Of course! I have the worst three with me now..."
"Ya!!" They shouted altogether.
He laughed so hard and leave the room. His three friends followed him.
While walking, he get his phone on his pocket and dialled his younger sibling's number. He need to ask another omega.

***
"Sawasdee khrub, P' Arthit," Phun courteously greeted him when he arrived home. He have no classes the next day so he decided to make a visit and meet his family.
He saw the young man sitting in the front porche of their house, books being scattered in the table. He is currently a second year medicine student and he understand how hard it is than being in engineering.
"Sawasdee Nong. Where's Noh?" He looked around and see his brother walking towards them, holding a tray containing juice and snacks.
"Sawasdee krub, P". Noh said."How's your day? Have you eaten already?"
"I am fine, don't worry. Are you spending the night here?" He asked the boys, seeing Phun is not wearing his uniform anymore. They allow them to sleepover on their homes alternately since high school but that was when they still thought they are just mere friends. Their relationship has been revealed in their family for more than two years now. But they claim it is longer than that.
"Yes, P. Didn't you called and asked if Phun is with me?"
"I asked if he is with you, not asked to let him sleep with you."
"Ow.. Is that so? Phun, you heard clearly, right. Finish this first and go home already," Noh told his boyfriend. "Thanks P'. I actually have a quiz tomorrow and I don't want to go to school hurting if Phun insisted to stay," he whispered to Arthit.
"Noh!" He cut what his brother is saying.
"I am just kidding, P'. You are too cute when flustered like this."
He punched the kid's shoulder lightly, and saw the other kid stacking his things.
"Let's talk first. Both of you follow me to my room."

***
"What's the problem, P'?" Noh, asked.
Arthit just looked at his brother, then turn to the other guy.
"You are an alpha, right?"
"Yes, P'."
"How is it when Noh is near? I mean, do you always smell his scent when he is around?"
How about when you are around other omegas?"
"If you are asking if I can smell his scent whenever he is around, yes. Usually, mates have unique scents that only the two of them can distinguish from others."
"Even if he took his pill regularly?"
"Yes, P'. Since he is my mate and we bonded already."
"Ow. But how about before?"
"From the start I can identify his unique smell whenever he is near maybe since he is my fated pair."
"Is there a problem, P'? What happened actually?" Noh asked.
Arthit explained what happened on the gathering. These two knows everything about him anyway and they are family.
"The pill you and Noh are taking is used to suppress the heat and cover your scent from alphas. Except from your mate, you cannot hide from him. He will even know whenever you are in heat despite the medicines. The heat also intensifies when you are together. Supposedly, omegas emit smell only when they are in heat. Sometimes it become out of hand when triggered by your mate."
"Are you saying that my scent started to spread because my mate is around and that he triggered it?"
"Maybe he doesn't know yet. They said the first meeting is the most intoxicating, and actually the most crucial event."
"P', make sure not to have eye contact with blue eyes, especially when you are in heat..." Noh said. "Wait, are you saying that you already meet your mate? How is she..?"
Arthit sighed. "Actually it's a he.. and a very powerful one, I think."
"Oho.. hearing it from your own lips means he really is a very strong one... So, when am I going to meet him, P'?"
"That will never happen. Who said I am going to bond with him? You know I don't want to be controlled by these wolf thing... I will have my own way."
"But, P'... You know it is safer that way..."
"Let him handle it himself, Noh. P'Arthit just want to be sure, that's why. He doesn't want to be forced. But P', you need to be always extra careful. You must fully understand first how these phenomenon work in order to protect yourself... I have to go now, P'. The night is getting late." He give him wai and left the older man's room, taking his boyfriend with him. Anger and confusion is clearly shown on the face of Noh's brother.
"But, Phun..."
Phun slightly shake his head. He look at his mate's eyes and squeezed his hand.
They walk to the garage where his car is being parked. Noh still worries for his brother.
"Let him figure it out himself, Noh. P' is a very smart man, he knows when to ask and when to stay silent. You just have to wait and help him when he reach out. Don't worry too much about him. Anyway, he have alpha friends with him, right?
He even have P'Kimmon." He smiled lovingly to his mate.
"I'm afraid he is acting like that because of me."
"Noh.."
"Phun, please also look after my P', na.. na?" He nodded and ruffle his hair before riding the car.
Noh went near the car's window and wave his goodbye. He then saw the window glass going down.
"Take care, na?"
"Can't I have a goodbye kiss?" Phun teases.
"Shia... P'Arthit is here. He may see us..."
"It's already late at night and I still have to drive. Can't you at least give me something to keep me awake..?" Phun tried to make a pitiful face.
"Er, er.." Noh looked around before placing a quick kiss on his mate's right cheek. "Text me when you arrive, na?"
"Yes, love..." Phun said with a smile that almost reach his ears on both ends.
Noh shiver in his boyfriend's cheesiness and shoo him away.

***
"Sawasdee khrub, mae... how are you."
"Sawasdee... How's my sweet baby Kong doing?"
Kongphob smiled at his mother's endearment. He felt uneasy on what happenened on the gathering this afternoon, so he decided to call his loving mother. He already have the idea but still want to confirm about what he experienced, and so to seek advice if he is correct. He is very close to his mother who is the only omega in the family.
"I am fine, Mae... I just miss you. What are you doing? Is phor still at the factory?"
"I am in the bedroom, just organizing some stuff. Yes.. ahmm, wait...," he heard his mother breathe, "I think he is very near or outside the house already."
"Ow... How did you know?" he wondered. The master bedroom is on the opposite direction from the entrance of their house.
"I just knew. I can smell him already from here."
"Oho..." Kongphob was impressed. Hearing the word smell reminded him the reason why he called his mother.
"Mae, the first time you saw phor, did you know already that he is your mate?"
"Yes, we are even fated pair. Between fated pair, there is feelings and relationship at first glance."
"What do you mean by that?"
"The first time you see your mate, you will already feel the connection. The moment your eyes met you will feel like the time stop as if you are struck by something."
"And you can actually smell each other when they are around?"
"Ahmm, am not sure about that...," her mother paused for a moment. Maybe his father already arrived. "In my case, I did not have the ability to smell your father from the start. It happened gradually...," he heard her mother chuckled. "Maybe because I am very stubborn and still denying about the mate thing. Do you want to talk with your father? He is already here..."
He heard his father speak on the other end.
"Kong, how's school?"
"Sawasdee khrub, phor... The school is fine, I already have many friends."
"That's good. But hearing your mother, I think you not only meet new friends but also your mate..."
Kongphob smiled. His father is indeed sharp.
"Aww, phor, I actually am not sure about that yet..."
"How can you not be sure, you are a very strong alpha. Your inner self will confirm it to you. Now, tell me, is she an alpha, a beta or an omega?"
"It's a he, phor. And I actually not sure if he is an alpha or an omega that's why I called mae."
"How can you not know that? I let you live with so many omegas since childhood as a training. Your mother itself is an omega. You should have the ability to distinguish already."
He smiled. He knew. Being in a strong family pack, they were trained to somewhat control their inner wolf around omegas so that it will not be used against them, and so that they will not always engage on a fight over any random omega. That is why he grow up having so many omegas around him since childhood even most of the family members are alphas.
"Yes, phor. But this is new to me. There are signs of being an omega but he actually behave like an alpha. And there are so many students around when we met. I still need to confirm everything."
"Well, the most basic way is thru smell. Mates have assigned unique smell to distinguish one another from the others. But only omegas have very sweet, intoxicating scent. And since you are mates, you can smell them even outside heat..."
Kongphob nodded many times.
"... Go and find it out already. It is very dangerous for an unmated omega to roam around himself unprotected."
Kongphob suddenly stiffened upon hearing his father's last word.

***
A/N: Thank you for the views, votes, and comments. Also, for those who followed me and added this story to their playlist. This is the first time I write a story and yet already challenge the concept of omegaverse so I hope you will understand if ever there are conflicts or confusion in the story. Please point it out so I can adjust or revise it.
The second moon will be introduced on the next chapter. I hope you continue looking forward till the end. Thank you very much!