Chapter 16

I feel so inspired lately... I've been able to write even the tentative final chapter of this story... haha!🤣
Actually, writing the ending is easier than building up the plot, the conflicts, and even the sappy contents (without me cringing myself).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter.
I know many of you are waiting for... you know... Finally...!!!😉

***

Beam's POV

"How about you, are you hurt?" He comes to me closer to inspect my face, then my arms, back to my shoulder then all the way downwards... but only using his eyes, such a gentleman. But I still felt the burning sensation they left in every location where he put his gaze upon.

Damn. It's getting hot in here. Before I knew it, I felt my hand caressing the back of my neck unconciously trying to tone down myself. He's too close, and his scent is drunking me.

"No..." it's just barely above a whisper so I shook my head in case he did not hear my voice. Did he forget that he actually blocked everything for me?

"Are you sure?"
"I am... There's no need to worry. And will you stop talking formally. Just speak comfortably like the way we used before..."
Although I know we're not quite the same anymore.

After that night, things will never be the same way like they used to be. May it be better or worse.

"How will it be? We both know that it will be impossible. And I already told you about this... or not yet?"

"Tell me about what?" I grab on the steering wheel tighter.

"I'll try to win your heart."

I think I hurt my neck when I suddenly turned my face towards his. His face seems blank but his eyes show determination and... and another thing that I am not sure of, or rather don't want to be sure of... the feeling I saw on those brown orbs felt very warm that it almost scared me.

"Why do you have to be that surprised?" He asked.

"No, I just don't believe you. That's all. You think you can play around with me?" I tried to deviate the conversation.

"Why would I play around on you? How could you think of me in such a way? Can't you see that I'm trying my best here? And..

... aren't you the one who are actually playing around? Haven't you had enough yet?"

"Shut up." I yelled. "I can think of whatever way I want it to be. And I think, maybe you're just doing this because... either you feel sorry for me... or you are just being pushed by your raw inner self... You don't really want me in the first place."

I wonder why my voice sounded so strained when I mentioned that part. I'm feeling quite strange deep inside... it's weird. Like there are millions of butterflies are fluttering inside my stomach despite my rejections.

What am I really feeling right now? Guilty of what I just said? Sorry for hurting his feelings? Or unhappy that I myself is not convinced on what he is saying?

I repeatedly keep on telling myself that he's been doing all these things simply because of his kindness like any normal human being does.

But if it is not... maybe because of the deep connection of the mate thing that he cannot deny within himself. But I thought only weak people will do that.

Forth looks like a very strong alpha. And with his reputation, I am sure he has the control on everything especially himself... unless the mate thing is too strong or...

Does he really want to do it?
Damn. I'm falling in a deep sh*t.

"No!"

I was startled on the loudness of Forth's voice. The power of determination can be heard loud and clear. I turn my head at him instead of facing the road.