Chapter 24

Thank you for everything, guys!
I really hope I’ll be able to meet your expectations from this story.

***

Bas’ POV

“So, what did you feel when you were finally introduced?” Rome and I are both sitting on my bed preparing to sleep.

“Honestly? I really don’t know… I felt mixed emotions. I was really overwhelmed. When I looked in his eyes, I saw the power… the effect he can have to my world. And it actually scared me...

I’ve been loving him for a very long time. But I’ve been only watching him from my own personal world. To the point where I thought I had really gotten close to him even if we never spoke to each other before. For that reason, when I finally saw him, I ended up a complete mess. Do you understand what I am trying to say, Ai’Rome?”

“Somehow…” he answered carefully. His face have blank emotion. He looked like he’s being drawn to his own personal thoughts. “Is that all you only felt?”

“It’s really terrifying that I felt sparks in the air when our eyes met… As if I was brought in that familiar dream… the same dream I’ve been having every time, whenever I end up sleeping while thinking of him. That intense gaze and sweet smile almost killed me when I thought my heart stopped from beating…

His scent clouded my sense of thinking. It was really scary, but satisfying at the same time… For, at last, a smile is awarded to me. He smiled at me, right, Ai’Rome? C’mon, tell me it isn’t just a dream.”

“It is not a dream, Ai’Bas. It’s the reality you just cannot believe…”

“What do you mean?”
“Nothing. I am also not sure. Only the persons involved can actually confirm it. I don’t know how innocent or ignorant or whatever you are…”

“Why? Can’t you tell me now?”
“I will tell you once I finally confirmed it. I don’t want to give you false hope…”

The smartass just went to sleep like that then, and left me hanging in the end.

Damn. He did not even say what will be our next step according to his plan.

I just hope that this is just the beginning and that he actually did not change his mind in supporting me towards my dream.

I followed his gesture and laid down beside his small figure. I went to the dreamland hoping to see my beloved Moon already waiting for me there.

***

I was awakened by the sudden cry of Rome in the middle of the night. I looked at my side to find him moving restlessly, tossing his small body on the bed while continuously murmuring incoherent words. Droplets of sweat were already formed in his forehead. I think he is having a nightmare.

“Ai’Rome… Ai’Rome, please wake up…” I gently shook his shoulder to pull him from his sleep.

“Nai!” He shouted when his eyes finally opened. Fear and pain can be seen on his face.

“Are you okay, Ai'Rome? Who’s Nai?” I asked.
Rome did not answer. Instead, he sit up and leaned on the headboard of my bed, shutting his eyes once again while trying to calm his self.

I decided to stand up and walked towards my mini-fridge to get a bottled water and handed it to my friend.
“Thanks.”
I simply smiled and sit back beside him on the bed.
“Are you feeling better now?”
He just nodded on my question.

I looked at the digital clock on my nightstand. It’s only 3am.
Damn. Too early for gossiping but I know my friend need a serious talk.
Just by looking at his face, I am sure he’ll not be able to return to sleep anymore.