One

Hi Everyone. This was the first thing I ever wrote and I wasn't sure if I was going to upload it, but the temptation proved too much. I hope you like it. Comment, but don't publicize your work on here. Like other writers say, "It's rude."

Please note that this story has dual narrators- the two main chatacters will alternate the narration, giving readers a chance to see everything from both sides. So, we'll start with Jordan!

 ***

JORDAN

The alarm rang and I jolted awake, not too sure of my surrounds. I struggled to see in the darkness, and I threw myself back onto the bed, fumbling for the clock. I pressed the snooze button and blinked as I took in the time that flashed on the screen. Half six.

    I hadn’t been up this early on a Saturday in months, and starting today, I was going to pay for my laziness.

    We’d been back in school of a few months, but training for the ice hockey team started today. And seeing as I was going to be team captain for my final year at Newport High I should at least make an effort to get to training on time, if not before.

    I felt the bed creak as the blonde lying next to me turned, her eyes fixing themselves on me. Her face was far too familiar for my liking as I took in Abigail Somers staring at me. Damn Adam and his parties.

    I smiled awkwardly as I tried to remember exactly what we had done last night.

    “Hey, sexy,” she purred at me. “Where are you going?”

    Her arm moved down my chest seductively and the glint in her eyes told me she hadn’t quite got enough of me yet. I almost gave into her come hither eyes, but the alarm started beeping again. This time I was more than awake to hit the off button, and I stumbled out of bed, entirely naked, and made my way to the door, thankful that my parents and sister weren’t coming back from their camping trip until tonight.

    “I’ve got training,” I say. “You’d better get dressed so I can take you home on the way to the rink.”

    “Or I can come with you,” Abigail grinned knowingly. “Then we can come back here after.”

    What the hell can I say to that? Jordan Knight doesn’t do relationships, which is what this liaison was threatening to become if I slept with her a second time. Plus, Coach Lane would definitely flip if I took a girl to training with me- distractions were strictly prohibited, and anyway, we always had closed trainings. Apart from the coach’s daughter, Emma, who was at every practice and game like an unofficial mascot or assistant coach, no-one ever came to our training sessions.

    I shook my head determinedly. No chance was she going to see me again after this morning, at least not in the way she wanted. She was a student at Newport High, after all, in which case it was inevitable that we’d see each other, but she’d just become another face in the crowd to me.

    I sulked to the bathroom and turned the shower on, examining the hickey I had on my shoulder. Shit. She branded me. I hated when they did that, as if leaving their mark on me meant that they could be the one to change me. Hardly. I wasn’t going to change for anyone, let alone a one night stand.

    I took my time under the water, trying to fight away the tiredness that was consuming me. When I returned to my room, towel wrapped around my waist, I noticed my bed buddy had opened the curtains, giving me a full view of Emma Lane’s bedroom.