Eighteen

Here's Chapter Eighteen. I call it the gamechanger, because after this chapter, there's really no turning back! Hope you like it... comment on what you think's gonna happen next!

Love, Sarah. xx

*

EMMA

Logan’s incessant questioning was starting to drive me crazy. He’s quizzed me a thousand times tonight on Jordan, saying that he could see that I was starting to like him and that I should just admit it.

But Emma Lane admits to nothing, so I continued to deflect the questions, even when Zoe piped in to give her two cents worth on the matter. She knew I had fallen for him, she asserted as she leaned against Logan.

I waved Zoe off, telling her that she was being ridiculous and then told Logan that I most certainly was not in love with Jordan. I even told him I doubted that Jordan was actually in love with me, and made a passing comment about how he should sleep with someone and then he’d realize it too.

Logan and I were still on the terrace when I heard the music stop and people holler from inside.

“Someone’s getting lucky,” I heard Logan laugh.

The crowd of people inside was moving around and giggling as they watched Abigail Somers, her blue dress with its back to us, make out with some poor guy that I couldn’t see. From the way she was ravaging him, Jordan had had a lucky escape. She certainly was proving that she’s earned her ‘man-eater’ tag.

The cheering lowered as Abigail and the boy pulled away from each other. As the guy straightened up I noticed the piercing blue eyes darting towards me, a pained yet cruel look aimed directly at me. Jordan had just kissed Abigail Somers and he wanted me to know about it.

I blinked several times just to make sure I was seeing what was being played out in front of me, and I could feel myself stumbling backwards in shock. Jordan had just kissed Abigail Somers. If it hadn’t been for Logan’s arm at the bottom of my back I don’t think I’d be standing right now.

Once the shock subsided, the hate set in and I wanted to go over there and confront Jordan over what he’d just done. I wanted to tell him that he was stupid. Tell him that she wasn’t right for him. Tell him that she’d never love him, not like…

Me.

It wasn’t until I felt the hurt, the humiliation and the breaking of my heart that I realized that everyone else had been right, and I had been so blind.

I loved Jordan Knight.

“Logan,” my voice was alien to me, and it wasn’t until I heard Logan say my name that I realized that I had spoken. “What’s it like? To be in love?”

He pauses before he turns me away from the party, dragging me down to the bottom of the garden where the green gave way to the dark lake.

“Love,” he groans. “Love sucks. And it’s complicated. I remember when I was about your age, and I fell in love for the first time. It was both magical and scary. You want someone so bad that eventually the want turns to need, and suddenly you can’t live without them because you need them so bad.”