10

^^ really supportive friends right?😂

A.N. This ones a damn emotional rollercoaster good luck!

Kiara's POV

I knew I had to open up to him. I just left him for years without saying anything to him. Wow I am such an idiot. Well done Kiara, you are now the world's number one bitch.

I sighed deeply, mentally facepalming myself for a few seconds before hesitantly approaching Phoenix.

I stopped about 5 metres behind him, when I noticed he was sitting alone.

Well that doesn't make much sense. He was always reasonably quiet in class (unlike me) but he was always really nice to everyone. He never deserved all the bullying he got when he was younger, and he sure as hell didn't deserve to have friends who ditched him like I did. And anyway, where was the other boy he was talking to earlier? I looked back over towards Phoenix. Why didn't he make some other friends? Well I guess it was harder for him to talk to new people than it was for me, just like he was always so much smarter than me even though he would never admit it (Well...apart from maths, we were on the same page for that one).

I got pulled out of my thoughts when people pushed past me.
"Don't stand right in the middle of the corridor, what the heck?" some girl I didn't recognise shouted like it was the most obvious thing in the world, so I murmured a sorry and walked forwards towards Phoenix. He was still wearing that hoodie! It's like he uses it as a shield, or to like blend in or something, but it kinda makes him stand out even more.

I walked straight up to him, determined to get out my story. I blushed slightly, realising how close I was to him. I was practically breathing down his neck, but I shrugged it off.

Moving closer into his field of view I spoke.
"Just hear me out okay?" I asked politely.
Slightly startled he jerked his heat towards me to see my face, but immediately looked back down at he table.
"What?" He said sadly, although I couldn't help but notice a hint of hope in his voice, almost like he was happy to see me.

I sat down beside him, putting my leather bag on the floor next to me, and looked at him.

His head was faced down, almost hiding from me, but I could still make out the features of his face. He had big bags under his eyes, the sparkle in his eyes no longer there. He had a bruise on his jawline, along with a few faint scratches on his cheekbones.

"I'm going to tell you everything." I said sternly. I promise I won't let you go this time Phoenix.

He opened his mouth like he was going to say something, then closed it again letting out a frustrated sigh.

"I had to leave for London. My mum wasn't making enough and we were slowly losing money. She knew that if she continued her job in London she could earn a higher wage and afford to live better and she could give me a better education. I know what she did was wrong but please she did it with the right intentions, you have to believe me. I'm so sorry Phoenix. I tried to reach you I really did, but my mum just said that we had to leave our old life behind, and that included you. I cried for weeks. You were my best friend, and I missed you like hell and I never want to leave you like this again, I mean it."

"...thank you for telling me, I appreciate it I really do, but how could you just leave? Without telling me? I waited and waited everyday for months outside your door for you to come back. I waited in the morning with my car on school days, hoping one day you would just walk out so we could go to school together and make everything better again. You have no idea how much you scared me. The fact that everyone knew except me. I thought I had done something wrong Kiara, I blamed myself. But instead it's just you being selfish and cowardly, not bothering to tell me you were leaving me for years. You knew I was going through a rough time with Malcolm. You knew I had a mental illness. You were the only one I ever told about this aspect of my life, but you STILL left. You left when I needed you most, when the bullying was at it worst, without a single word.
Things can't go back to the way they were. They never will. I can't ever trust anyone the way I trusted you. And you betrayed my trust like everyone else.
So let me tell you something. Stay away from me. You carry on living your perfect problem-free London life and let me live mine.
Don't speak to me again." He said, walking quite quickly away as I saw a few tears form in his eyes.

I felt so heartbroken. He really did need me, and I left him. No wonder he hates me.

But let me tell you this Phoenix. I am not leaving you. I will not make the same mistake twice, and I will not let you go. I promise.

A.N. Jesus this is making me emotional wow. Okay well thanks for reading! If you see any punctuation/grammar mistakes please comment or message me where. Thanks!