21

Kiara's POV

The weekend went pretty quickly - well I mean, doesn't it always? I did some homework here and there, watched Netflix and ate like three thousand calories a day; ya know, the usual. It was now Monday (everyone's favourite day of the week) and I was walking into school, wearing blue ripped jeans, a cute pink tank top and brown sandals, and being pushed past a lot of people when trying to find my locker. I was still annoyingly known for being the 'new girl' or whatever, so people were rather reluctant to talk to me.

***
After sitting through three boring periods of English, Biology and Maths, it was lunch. My stomach was rumbling so I basically ran to the queue to get my food and waited impatiently for the people in front to order their meal at like snail-speed.

I had been waiting for over five minutes now when some brunette girl, who surprisingly looked quite similar to me, walked gracefully up to me.
Smiling politely at me, she asked, "Hey you're the new girl right?"
Once I nodded and said hello to her, she carried on with, "Hey I'm Violet, I was just wondering if you'd like to sit with us, since you seemed so lost when you came in?"
I was a little confused, since I was not lost at all when it came to speed walking to get food, plus I've been here over a week now so I've pretty much memorised the paths that I need to use to get to my classrooms, but I was kinda bored so why not?

Once I had got my Mac and cheese (hell yeah) I walked over with Violet to sit down at her table. I placed my tray down, and looked up at the people who were potentially going to be my new friends.
"Hey, my name's Kiara. I'm guessing you already know I'm new here so thanks for letting me sit with you guys." I said, hoping they would be nice back.

Suddenly I looked to the side as I heard a thud. There sat Brianna, the girl who I was going to do the Geography project with. That's good! At least I can chat with one person here, without it being forced or small talk or whatever.
"Oh hello Brianna!" I said, rather enthusiastically, and smiled at her.
She looked up at me and smiled back before she started to speak.
"Kiara? Great to see you, I didn't know you were friends with these guys!"
Violet smiled at what Brianna just said, and said, "No we just invited her over to sit with us, you look like our type of friend. Right girls?"
"Ohh yeah!" They chanted back at Violet, causing her to smile proudly at me.
'Our type of friend' like what does that mean? Oh nevermind, I just met them, I can't judge too quickly.
"So why did you choose me of all people to sit with you guys? I mean all of you seem pretty cool, which is basically the opposite of me?" I asked awkwardly, hoping to lighten the mood.
And anyway, even if Violet and her friends weren't the kind of thing I was looking for in a friend, it wouldn't hurt to have them on my side.
"Omg no, Kiara you're nice too! And your eyebrows are on fleek right now, which is definitely a plus," said one of Violet's friends who earlier introduced herself as Stephanie.
"Yeah she's right," Violet started, "You're smart, pretty and good at getting your point across. Exactly what we look for in the new bestie in our group. The last one betrayed us for some boy. Ugh typical. She was genuinely in love with him, it was rather revolting really. It doesn't matter anyway, since he cheated on her a month later with her older sister, so I guess she got what she deserves. We are now one member short, so we selected you. Therefore you are invited to sit with us at lunch, and go shopping with us tomorrow night. You're in right?"
I felt like I was 'checking all the boxes' and I had no choice in the matter. From first impressions, I thought that they were pretty popular, as they presented the fact that I got to be their friend as an honour, and they did think pretty high of themselves, but that's alright I guess. They could still be nice people.
"Oh yeah of course! That's so sweet of you! I would love to. If I got your number we could arrange times and stuff." I said, handing her my phone.
"Yeah here's my number," she said, putting her contact in and passing it along the five other girls sitting at the table.
"Thanks guys. Okay well there's only ten minutes until lessons start, and I really need the bathroom so see you tomorrow." I said smiling, walking towards the bathroom.

My first impressions of them weren't too bad, but I guess if I got to know them all better we could get along.

A.N. Hey guys, thanks for reading! Please comment any mistakes and vote if you enjoyed the chapter.