Chapter two

(Izuku's POV)

I start to run to try and get away from him.
I never wanted him to see me like this.

Why do you keep messing up? He will never love you. He never did and he never will. You're just a villain.

I end up zoning out into my thoughts as I run.
Without paying attention to my surroundings, I end up tripping over a twig or small branch.

I just lie there on the ground as Shoto catches up to me.
I feel my breathing slow and I feel like this area is getting smaller and smaller.

I sit up and shake as sobs rack my body, still struggling to breathe properly, until I feel arms wrap around me.

Knowing who they belong to, I turn over and cry into Shoto's chest as he holds me.

After a few minutes I calm down enough to talk.
I move so that my words won't be muffled by his shirt, and that instead I'm just leaning into him.

"y-you should have seen that.." I say quietly as I pull my sleeve back down.
I can't even look at him right now.

I'm ashamed that I had let him see me like this. It wasn't supposed to happen.

I'm so fucking selfish. This is how I treat the people who care about me. I got into the school of my dreams and I have plenty of people who care about me, yet I turn around and feel like this.

I'm brought out of my thoughts when I hear Shoto's voice.
"it's okay.. I know how you feel.."

I sit there, surprised by his words. "have you ever.." I pause, deciding if I wanted to continue.

I want to ask him but at the same time I don't want to intrude his privacy.
It's none of my business to know anyway.

Suddenly I feel him hold my hand and gently squeeze it, as if he is letting me know that it's okay.

"h-have you ever.. thought about killing yourself..?" I ask quietly

(Shoto's POV)

I don't know how to respond. Does this mean he has thought about killing himself?

"maybe in the past but, I'm glad I didn't.. I happy to be alive now." to say I'm worried about Izuku would be an understatement. "and I promise you, one day you will be too."

He sighs and gets up before leaving me there in the woods. He starts walking back in the direction of his home and I decide not to follow him this time and give him a little space.

(Izuku's POV)

"and I promise you, some day you will be too."

How do you know that? What of living will always be a constant pain? Look, you're doing it again Izuku. You'll never be a hero. You can't even save yourself.

I sigh and get up. I just want to go home and sleep.
I don't want to listen to my mother's questioning.
I don't feel like talking anymore.

I start walking in the direction of my house.
I don't hear any footsteps behind me so I know Shoto isn't following me.

***

I walk into my house and my mom immediately walk up to me.

"what are you doing home so early? Is everything okay?" just as I had thought, she instantly started asking questions.

Then, she saw the blood. "Izuku, what happened?"

I look up at her and give her a small smile "I'm fine, I just fell.. I'll take care of it"