Chapter 11 (Who's Thy Enemy?)

"If you accuse us of blasphemy, you may join Satan's side. 'Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand'," the Spirit quoted proudly, making most lay it out as a joke. "I believe in choice. If you choose to walk upon the shadow of death, I will not stop you."

Satan loitered around near our side for a traitor to reach for his hand as he leads them straight to Hell. Just when I thought no one would dare do it, Amathist (I suspected) stepped forward, taking side with the enemy. Satan snickered at us, then turned his attention to the righteous one.

"The war must begin."

Satan took a stance with his side, all prepared to rip us to shreds. Our side was nothing compared to them. Few knew how to fight, and I had a feeling some would run. (Like Ember War, the biggest runner.) Yet, she took a strong stance by Trix's side, Trix excited for the fight unfolding.

I looked to Ivery and Dylan. They both unwillingly prepared, facing the Enemies with defiance. Phoebe got in a charging stance with her big pregnant belly, Sean looking to the Chosen Animals, as though waiting for them to stop the war and bring peace. Amber stood protectively in front of Cody. The other Chosen Ones looked determined, for the most part. Some look terrified.

Trumpets played from above, but I could only stare at the Spirit's wife, who was smirking yet again. Smirking mischieviously.

"The war begins now."

Everyone charged, the Chosen Animals standing back like some kind of referee. It was all slaughter, blood spraying in the air like an explosive as weapons appeared on the ground. Phoebe somehow kicked ass, even with her big ass belly. Ember, Trix, Amber, Cassidy, Nathan, Ethan, Dylan, that John guy, Ian, Sean, Carmine, and Micheal all kicked ass, yet with the help of powers for some. The others stood back in fear, watching the chaos unfold. Iveryellidy and Dylan died quickly. Variety, Opal, Nolan, and Liberty got killed quickly after them.

I looked down the direction of the field near the Wartext's home, one of the male Chosen Ones running. He was selfishly running like a coward, leaving the others to die. I was pretty sure he'd be a first. I turned back to the Enemies, mentally preparing myself to get over the anxiety and kill some supernatural criminals. But Cody's throat got slit open, and he fell to his knees, death taking over his bodily movement.

Mellisa War stood proudly over his body. I gathered my rage to bring it out on her. But Ethan's hand suddenly flew over my mouth. I thrashed in a panicked anger, fear overwhelming in case he was under Satan's control again. He drug me away from everyone else, the ongoing war continuing.

"I can't let you do this," he started. "You have more enemies and bad word with more than anyone else, you and I both. But I can fight any of them. They're my match. You," he grabbed my head, prepared to snap it, giving me a quick, painless death. I tried to squirm away, but failed under his strong grip, "are no match for them."

I blacked out for the rest of the Magic War, my power that would have been a great asset to our side now deemed useless, as well as I.

***********

Sirens from the heavens above awoke me from my death. And as I suspected, the Magic War was over. I looked around, the gutted and shredded people rising to a stance at the same time as me. I instantly noticed that most of the victims were Chosen Ones.

"Satan's side: nine deaths. The Spirit's side: twelve deaths," Sammy announced, disappointment in his tone. "The bad side wins." Satan's side cheered so loudly it made my ears ring. They congratulated one another by smacking each other on the back in appreciation.