Chapter 18 (The Depths)

Jeremiah

The "Devil" ropes dug into my skin harsh enough to make it bleed. I stopped struggling each time Satan came in, rather to look helpless than a threat. I looked down at my wet wrist as my blood slowly dissolved away the material of the rope. I scratched myself to drown out the sound.

"I can't believe it," Satan started talking to himself, pacing around the room, his eyes bright with the weird flames. "They're all free." His eyes were wide, and I couldn't actually tell if he was talking to himself or me.

"Who is?"

"The Chosen Ones!" I rolled my eyes, still not believing the nonsense. "And everyone from the Bottler. If they find the chamber under the water, I'm doomed."

"So?"

Satan's eyes grew huge in annoyance, as he struggled not to harm me. I watched his frantic motions so calmly that I scared myself.

"So, I have enemies in there." I raised my eyebrows, edging him on. "We're triplets, yes? And then there's Ethan and his brothers. Basically everyone was siblings, or the siblings themselves are bad news. Starting with Carrie's siblings."

I edged away, remembering Carrie as she crawled her way towards me on the wall, smelling me like an animal. That woman gave me the chills.

"Satan! Satan!" I panicked, squirming away from the mirror beside me as someone stepped through it. Then came groups, as I stared up in awe. The Chosen Ones are real?

"Ah, you're all here," Satan spoke with fake excitement.

"Not all of us," a blonde girl stepped forward after searching the crowd. She had this confidence to her I couldn't describe. Like she was so sure of herself that she didn't need anyone.

"Yes, as you may notice, Cody, Amber, Phoebe, and Sean are gone. But you're in for a big surprise."

"Where's Cody?" She asked, ignoring his mischievousness.

"See, I let you all out. Because we have some things to discuss." Everyone sturdied themselves, preparing for the information. "One, the Bottler has been broken. Someone's scream had such power, it shattered every bottle in the entire dimension."

Some in the group glared to the blonde, as she was simply stared into Satan's soul.

"It wasn't Katherine." The fear then grew upon their faces. "The Piper's here are Chosen Ones now. They are not related to us, but I'll have you know that Carrie is also a triplet. And if you don't like the looks of her, you really won't like the looks of them." They knew what was coming, and their expressions scared me more than my own thoughts. "You should also know that Carrie used to run a dimension. The Ghost Realm. Of course, she gave that up when she joined my side officially."

He just kept grinning at the blond, taunting her into suspense.

"Someone had to take over. Someone with a hint of a dark side. Someone with whom you had a connection with, who felt you through death. She's always had the position to-".

"What are you saying?" She questioned, flinching with tears.

"Think, Katherine. Your friend with the want for a dark side. The quiet, but very deadly indeed."

"Alex," she breathed, her eyes flooded with tears, Satan nodding like a creep.

"But when you gain, you also have to lose. The four Chosen Ones left behind are now dead, for good."

"Cody," she sobbed. "No, you can't do this!" She yelled, yet broke into the big guy's arms. "This can't be happening," she took her head in denial. "Not to Cody."

I snapped the ropes after they became thin, taking the Devil's knife Satan had set out to use on Micheal, and plunged it into his heart. Satan roared with pain as I staggered away, Micheal coming into the room with his girl just to watch. But Satan managed to pull it out, the look of death sure as hell a lot more lively than I expected. In fact, he couldn't help but to laugh at my pathetic attempt to kill him.

"You aren't the one," he almost whispered, towering over me as he backed me into a wall. "Only the one, true Chosen One can kill me for good. The legendary, destined to be. The most powerful."

Satan's head suddenly fell from his shoulders to the ground. I covered my mouth before screaming, looking to the culprit from behind. He had these cold, bright green eyes that could see all of my flaws with a simple glance. Even Micheal watched in confusion, the one who knows all.

"The Spirit has sent me to guide you," he spoke with generosity. "I am God's brother."

"Oh my god," the blonde spoke up. "You're Chambers."

He said nothing. And in the silence of shock, I realized I wasn't getting out of here. I was dragged into this for a reason. I was going to be dragged into the ends of this war alongside the Chosen Ones, or even into the depths of destiny with them.