Chapter 6

People, i'm using french in this! And I'm sorry if it sucks ass, it's summer and i was only in french 2, but it should be right. I hope. I find it kinda awkward to describe outfits when it doesn't make sense, but i make an outfit via polyvore for every chapter, and i put it in teh external link. I think i'm going to put a song with the chapters as well, because i always listen to music while i write, and it helps set the mood for each chapter. The one i'm putting here is the one i listened to while writing the rain scene. 

The tiny café we found to serve us breakfast had to pull all of their tables together just to fit the ten of us. While the sheepish waitress brought us out menus and then muttered in soft French, "Je ne parle pas anglais, je suis desole."

All the boys looked around the table confused, but the girls all turned to me and Hanna. We both had taken French in school and could speak it pretty well. Sometimes we would have conversations in French just to annoy the others. I look around the table and say, "She says she doesn't speak English, and that she's sorry. Umm," I gestured between me and Hanna and said, "Nous parlons petite francais." The waitress smiles in relief and then asks, "Puis-je vous les boissons?"

Hanna takes this one, "Drinks?" Everyone orders, with us translating and the waitress scrambles away. We pull out the menus, and Hanna and I realize we're gonna be doing a bit more translating. Max starts asking about bacon and Carmen wants to know where she can get an omelet. Siva nudges my arm and points to something, asking, "Is that a nutella crepe?"

I glance at the menu and nod. I turn my back to him celebrating and nudge Jay, "Let's see if they have anything vegetarian friendly, yeah?" He smiles at me, and ignores my question. "You can speak French? That's really hot."

I bite my lip and blush while I nod. "Yeah. It's just something I learned in school. I liked it, so I kept up with it." Jay squeezes our entwined hands under the table, and presses his lips to my temple. "You are always so embarrassed when I complement you."

I laugh, because yeah. I am. You would be too! I roll my eyes and bump his shoulder with my own. "Shut up." I suck at coming up with comebacks.

And then we're being pelted with sugar packets, Nathan and Tom both sniping at us, "No coupley shit at the table!" "It's right disgusting!" Jay throws some back at them, laughing while he points out, "You and Kelsey aren't any better Thomas!"

"Whatever you say, James!" Tom snaps back, and everyone at the table makes that annoying "oohhhhhhh!" sound. Tom and Jay both start tossing packets of sugar and flinging salt at each other. The waitress comes back and stands there, Mortified. Max and I both notice, and Max speaks up, "Mates! Calm down now!" They both freeze and smile like little creepers. "Whatever you say.... Maxamillian."

Max growls and then jumps on Tom, locking him in head-lock, then he looks at Jay and mutters, "You're next McGuiness!" Jay opens his mouth to retort and I slap my hand over it and loudly say, "IS EVERY ONE READY TO ORDER?"

They all look over and see that the waitress is still petrified in the corner. Max slowly releases tom and sits down, and I smile kindly at her, "Je regret. Ils sont ... bizarre." She nods and then comes over, working with Hanna to get that side of the table's order. It's not until I feel something warm and wet running over my hand that I realize I still have my hand over Jay's mouth. I yank it away and wipe it off on his jeans. "Ew Jay!"

He just grins, obviously proud of himself, and then says to the waitress, "Une crepe de nutella?"  

~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'

"If I eat again in a year it will be too soon!" I groan as I slump back in my seat. Hanna nods, and Carmen mutters, "I feel ya." Tom glances up with part of the remains of Farrah's omelet on his mouth and asks thickly, "What?"