Chapter 25

Everyone meets at Derek's loft, a little early since no one dares be late. Stiles, on the other hand, stayed the night so if anyone, they're the ones running behind. But by some miracle, they're all ready to head out at ten.

Two in each car: Derek and Stiles, Malia and Issac, Scott and Jackson—instead of Scott bringing his dirt bike, and the exception of Lydia, Allison, and Erica.

Nearly two hours later and they're pulling down a long drive, leading straight up to what can only be described as a wooden machine.

"You own this?" Stiles gapes. "Technically, yes." Stiles only laughs in surprise, and everyone else seems to share his expression. "Dude," Scott mumbles, shaking his head. He pats his best friend on the back and goes ahead to check the place out, clutching his bags strap.

"Buddy up," Derek tells everyone while unlocking the door, "There are five rooms." With that, he pushes the door open and allows everyone to go inside.

"I could get used to this," Allison smiles, her eyes never staying in one place. There's a lake view from a wall of windows, a chandelier hanging above the walk-in and bringing the upstairs alive, a fully furnished living room with a fire place, and an open kitchen overlooking all of these things. The stairs case looks royal, leading up to the bedrooms and an office. There's also a library tucked away behind the staircase.

"What do you think?" Derek asks, his hands buried deep inside his jean pockets. "I think that we should be staying here to get away from our pestering pack," Stiles responds, still in shock.

Scott follows after Issac to the upstairs, only to be pulled back by Stiles. "Are you going to be okay with...you know," he gestures to Allison with a nod of his head, "Is this going to be awkward?" Scott watches Allison for a minute, then shakes his head. "No. No, we talked. It's all good, everything's good. We've decided to be friends." Stiles raises an eyebrow, "Friends? That's harsh, buddy."

"I think I can do it. I know we'll be together again. So if being friends is what she needs right now, that's what she'll get," he gives a shrug and an innocent smile before continuing on. "So optimistic, that guy," Stiles shakes his head.

Derek leads the teen to their room, the master, of course. Stiles nods in approval after surveying the room, then sets his stuff down at the foot of the bed. Derek heads into the bathroom to change into swimwear. Stiles is done in no time, so he becomes impatient.

"What're you doing in there?" Stiles complains. When he doesn't get a response, he knocks on the bathroom door. "Seriously, hurry up, Der. I wanna go swimming." As he lifts his fist back up, the door is swung open. An unamused Derek—nude Derek—is standing there. "You're impatient."

"Mhm," he hums, even though he didn't hear a word Derek said. His auburn eyes scan up and down the alphas body. "Is this a new thing you're trying out? Cause I gotta say, I'm so on board." His fingers trail mindlessly down Derek's abdomen until he finds himself looking up at the other male through his eyelashes.

"No," Derek hisses quietly, as if he can read the hormonal teenagers mind. "Come on, they won't miss us," Stiles whines. Derek almost caves with soft lips kissing across his chest and shoulder, it's alluring. "Over half of them will hear everything," Derek argues. Stiles could care less at this point and shows that by a hungry kiss. "Stiles–Sti—Stiles!" He barely gets out. Every time he tries to speak he's silenced by Stiles' lips on his own. "Let them hear," Stiles whispers with a grin of mischief. "I want Scott to trust us, not listen to me fuck you, got it?" Derek puts his foot down. "Fine. Put your shorts on before I tackle you or something."

The Hale feels all the girls stare at him as soon as he reaches the beach. He doesn't have to snap because Stiles does it for him, in his own way. In other words, Stiles makes them tare their eyes away when he pulls Derek into a deep, and overly prolonged, kiss.

"He's so lucky," Erica mutters under her breath, but it's audible to both of them, only making Stiles smirk.

Though Derek is his authoritative self, looking like a broody life guard as he watches over everyone, Stiles intends on making him lighten up. So, like any boyfriend would do, he unexpectedly pulls Derek into the water from behind, dunking the alpha under the lakes surface.

He comes up, a fixed gaze on Stiles as water drips from his hair and runs down his face. "Run you idiot," Issac shouts at him. He does just that, but the water pulls back on his movements and he doesn't even make it two feet before Derek catches his leg and drags his backwards.

Stiles flails around, hoping he's slippery enough to wiggle from Derek's grasp. Once he gives up, Derek pulls them flush together, whispering, "You are going to pay for that." Lydia splashes him with water, distracting him long enough for Stiles to escape. And when he realizes what happened, he dives in to chase his boyfriend down, only Malia jumps on his back with a grin, slowing him down. "Hey," Derek exclaims, attempting to throw her off. Jackson is quick to help out as well, attacking from his front. He tugs on Derek's shoulders and, being caught off guard once again, is smacked into the water.

Stiles laughs from afar, still putting distance between them. "Damnit," Derek growls when Lydia comes to help Malia, but it's all in good fun. To say the least, it's the pack against their alpha. One against eight.

He lifts Issac with ease and throws his backwards, dunking Erica in the water, inevitably making her fall off his back. Scott and Jackson gives each other a knowing look, lurching at each side of Derek, restricting his arms. Allison taunts him by flicker water in his face a couple of times, so he snaps his jaw at her. She only giggles and does it again before swimming away since he breaks free from the other betas.

"Oh, Derek," Stiles coos. He whips around, his first instinct is catching Stiles since he jumps at him. His legs lock around Derek's waist and he smiles, kissing the werewolf's nose. He crinkles his face with a grin. Their lips lock, both chuckling for no reason into the kiss.

"Get a room!" Issac shouts. Stiles goes to flip him off but is suddenly engulfed in water. When he resurfaces, his eyes are narrowed at Derek. "You little.." he trails off. "What?" Derek challenges with a smirk. "I—I got nothin'." Derek gets a look of triumph before pulling Stiles into for a hug, hoping that calls a truce. "I'm hungry," Stiles says against Derek's wet chest.

"I'll make you something. Burgers sound good?"

"Sounds amazing," Stiles drools, nodding eagerly.

Derek had come earlier in the week to stock up on food, since they eat like a pack of wild animal, even though they're pretty tame for most being animals.

Stiles dries himself off not long after, leaving everyone else in the lake. "Smells good," Stiles compliments, now stalking up to the grill. He wraps his arms around Dereks middle from behind and rests his head against the males back, observing all of his friends still messing around.

"It kind of feels like we're one big, happy, dysfunctional family," Stiles says absentmindedly.

"We are a family."