Chapter #2

Selene's POV:

I always sit alone or with Mia at lunch. I never get to eat anything. Katlyn and her band of tramps always takes my food and throw it on the ground. I hate them so much. My brother and I don't eat together because he is also an omega so he sits in his own corner at lunch trying to disappear like me. Mia is cool and not really like the rest of the bitches in my grade so she sits with me and I'm super grateful for that becuase I don't know where I would bw without her. Sometimes she even gives me her food when Katlyn isn't looking. 

I always have to get a tray of food through or else they will get suspicious and start torturing me in other ways.  Today the lunch line is serving Alpha Xander and Beta Slayde's favorite foods, so there is rib and steak. I get through the lunch line with shaking hands, holding the plates down to my tray and looking at the floor. It smells so good. Hopefull all of the tramps will be to busy to bother me today becuase it's the Alpha and Beta's eighteenth birthdays which means that they will find their mates today at exactly the time they were born at. Everyone on the pack knows that the twins were born at 12:34 and 46 seconds. All the girls except the ones that already have mates are hoping that they will be the ones chosen. 

All of the tramps are wearing really short shorts that show their butts and low cut tanktops with super pushup bras so that the Alpha and the Beta can see all that they will be getting if the Moon Goddess desides to mate them. It is unfair. Boys automatically get mates when they are 18. Girls can be picked at any point and some don't even get mates at all. I don't want a mate becuase I know that they will reject me and I will be forced to live in pain for my entire life. I hope that Sebastian gets a good mate. I hope he gets Mia. The two would be so good together. 

I'm sitting at the lunch table in the corner when Mia gets there. 

"Hey, hey girl!" She says. "Now that they are all over there you should eat a bunch of food as fast as you can!" 

I nod. We always sit in the sun. Omegas can photosynthesis, so even if I don't get enough to actually eat I will be fine. It is still awful and mean of them to take food away though. I wish that someone would teach all of those bastards a lesson. But I can't because I'm only an omega. 

I put the tray down in front of me and start shoveling down the meat along with all of the chips and cookies and ice cream I could grab. It all tastes so good. I look down at the worn and raggedy wrist watch on my hand. I make sure to polish it every morning and to see if it still works, becuase if I didn't how would I be able to get places on time? Mia takes out her book and begins to read. She's read Twilight. I have never read that book. It is about vampires. Sometimes I wish that I was vampire. Then I could have thralls and stuff. I would not be pushed around so much. 

My wrist watch is counting down. Right now it is 12:33. All of the girls are going totally crazy. They are all singing happy birthday. 

Mia leans over and whispers to me. "All of the popular kids are horrible."

"I know right?" I say in agreement. 

"Yah they should all just like move schools or something." She says. 

"They totally should." I say, displaying how much I agree with her. 

The singing stops and everybody is clustered around the twin's table. They all start to count down. 

"Five! Four! Three! Two! One!" Stephanie rubs up against the bys as she showers them with confetti. Katlyn does a similar thing but she goes in for a kiss. They get pushed away by both Xander and Slayde. 

As much as I don't like the two, I have to say that they are really hot. For a second I close my eyes and I can just imagine lying in their bed with their arms wrapped around me.... God, What are you thinking girl? I think to myself. I clearly need to get my head back in order. 

I get up to get myself some water. Mia's wolf must sense that something is wrong because she asks me, "Are you ok, Selene?"

"Yah." I answer. "I just need some water."

I walk across the lunch room. Something is going on. The boys still haven't found they're mate. Maybe they're mate is part of another pack or something. All of the girls are running around. A few slam into me while I am on my way to the drinking fountian. 

"Ugh! Watch where you're going, you filthy omega!" The girl knocks  into me. It's one of the popular kids. She looks like she had been crying. There is mascara all down her cheeks. I wish I could wear makeup. Katlyn won't let me. I fall down and I skin my hands on the floor. It hurts. I think I landed on my wrist wrong. I cry out. 

A growl sounds from the far side of the cafeteria. Two growls. Oh shit. The next thing I know, there are two wolves flying towards me, both jet black. All of the girls scream and throw themselves out of the way. Simultaneously, both of them scream 'mine'. 

Me? Their mates? But I'm just a lowly omega!