Chapter #9

Author's Note: So I failed to update after that last chapter. It's fine. We're listening to some music right now, and it's late night so this is the best time to write. Enjoy! Oh, and, um, fair warning, this parts going to get a bit dark and bloody.

A/N: HEY BEBES I"M SO EXC1TED! ONLE 2 MOR CHAPPERS! XOXOX THX SOE MUCH FOR THE 2K REDS! LUV U ALL!

________________________________________________________________________

I woke up to Brandon's arms wrapped around me. Annie is passed out next to me, her light hair falling across her face and rustling with each breath she takes. I smile a bit: we seem like such a happy family! I can't imagine where I would be without them.

I carefully undrape Brandon's arm from around my waist, then kiss his head before I sit up and walk into the bathroom. After washing my face and taking a shower, I put on my eyeliner so that it brings out my eyes, and then change into a hot outfit. My body's so tone now -- I stare at myself and remember the girl I used to be. I'm not a worthless little pup anymore: I have a purpose, a meaning. I'll protect my pack and family.

I knock on Charles and Rick's down and they follow walk outside as I strut in my workout clothes. Slayde and Xander are staring at me with a new understanding in their eyes, but I simply glare down my nose at them.

The wolves are all ready for training this time, plus they're scared of me after my speech yesterday, so explaining the workout regime for today goes quickly. We're taking the first lap around the pack territory when I suddenly hear some rustling out in the forest. Probably nothing, but you can never be too careful, and I don't want one of the younger warriors to run into a bear in the woods. Because I'm so far ahead, I have to call to the twins using the pack voice link.

Hey guys, I hear some noises over in the woods, I'll be right back.

You sure? It could be dangerous.

I'll be alright. Keep them training, I'll be back in a second.

I make my way into the woods, but the noises are gone. I look around for a second, but there's nothing. A small pigeon flies up from the underbrush to my right, but there's no other creatures around. I turn around to make my way out of the forest, but suddenly a figure dashes up behind me and places a cloth over my mouth. I elbow them in the stomach, and someone who I think is a girl collapses to the ground. I turn and dash towards the edge of the forest, but I'm tackled to the ground by a large wolf. It growls at me, and I look up to see that it's pure black with red eyes. It has large black spikes going along its back and down to it's back, where they suddenly turn into giant stakes that look like they could impale me to a tree and out the other side. On it's head are perched a pair of studded beads that gleam underneath the light seeping through the tree's canopy. I gasp. 

DEMON WOLF  Yvonne starts yelping in my head.

HOLY SHIT. I thought that Demon Wolves were extinct. Well, to be fair, AA Alpha Wolves were also thought to be extinct. 

The wolf growls at me. I start struggling, but it has me pinned to the ground. A tall, hooded figure steps out from behind a large oak tree and gives a bone chilling laugh. Holy shit. 

"So we meet again, Selene."

"Who the hell are you?!" I shout at him, but he simply starts laughing again.

"You are a reincarnation of the original Moon Princess, my dear. And I'm you're my fiance to be." 

Suddenly, he rips off his hood. Oh my god. It's the leader of the rogues, Jason Fireblade. I feel a searing feeling in the back of my head, and suddenly images rush into my head;