stevetony

Stevetony/Stony: Steve Rogers + Tony Stark

Why people ship them:

Stony is a very popular ship within the fandom, and I thought I'd continue the pattern of Steve ships. Steve and Tony's personalities clash a lot, especially in Avengers 1, and people see this as them balancing each other out. They are both leaders and level-headed (ish) At the end of Avengers 1 When Tony fell back down to earth, Steve smiled in relief and Age of Ultron was a complete Stony-fest, as was Endgame. ("That suit did not do anything for your ass") lmao, I loved it.

Do I ship them:

Errr... I don't ship Stony, but I don't want to offend the people who do, so if you do ship Stony, politely skip my opinion on it. Also if you do ship Stony, please let me know why you ship them so I can add them into this book! 👍👍

Throughout my years in Marvel, I've tried relentlessly to understand why people ship them hardcore, but I've failed to see why Stony is so popular. When they first met in Avengers, Steve and Tony were at each other right away, bickering and challenging each other because of their clashing personalities. Steve is stubborn and righteous, willing to go against orders and the government to do what he believes is right, and Tony is ingenious and impulsive, a quick and sometimes an emotional thinker. What puts me off most is that this is an extremely toxic ship MCU-wise, with Tony bolting Steve's legs together, forcing him to watch Tony try to kill Bucky, then later Steve abandoning Tony in Siberia. I know a lot of the shippers turn to the comics when it comes to this ship, which is fine but MCU stony is not my cup of tea.