The Test

Alice ( betty's Mum) POV

After Betty has left for school

This mornings events has shaken my confidence, I'm shaking in my steps so angry at my self for not being a better mum for Betty. I wish I could go back in time and start all over again. This time not screwing the lives of everyone around me... Due to being uneasy I grabbed my keys almost forgetting to lick the house, before getting in the car to go get as many tests I can for Betty so we can determine her fate! As I was driving my mind began to wonder to my time at high school and when I was Betty's age. Before I started to breakdown in tears as maybe it was my fault as they say history repeats it's self and I got pregnant when I was Betty's age... It made me think of Charles, my son. In that moment I decided that if Betty was and wanted to keep it I would do all I could to help her; for Charles!

When I arived at the pharmacy I jumped out the car and walked in... I kept my head down, grabbed a basket and headed straight for the isle, just as I filled the basket with pregnancy tests is hand tapped me on the shoulder...

"Alice, what you up to, on this fine day" it was only jugheads dad, but what he saw in the basket automatically change the tune of the conversation! "Alice? Who are those for? Don't lie to me, please!"  In that moment I had nothing to say it was like two tsunami's burst from my eyes. But instead of judging, he just pulled me into a hug, understanding who they where for.

As I wiped the stream of tears from my cheek, somehow I managed to beg "please, don't tell jughead! Wait for Betty to tell him." 

"Of course  I'll wait. Just make sure Betty is alright! And look after your self" he just smiled, it was comforting but as the the same time I still felt the pit in my stomach as if a beast was hidden in the shadows reading to pounce, to cause destruction. After I had payed I went back home and did some stress cleaning. 

Text:

Me: Hello my gorgeous baby girl, I got the tests today! Come straight home after school, the sooner we know the better xxx

Betty: Hey mum, thanks I'm on my way back now, I told Cheryl I wasn't feeling well and that I can't do practice with the vixens after school. She was understanding, In her Cheryl way xxx

Me: that sound good, see you soon. Love you so much Betty xxx

Betty: love you too xxx

Betty POV

At the copper house 

As I walked up the steps to the house I could feel my hands shaking. Behind that door my new life awaited, what was it going to say? What was I going to do? As I open the door I saw my my walk towards me with the CVS bag, she handed it to me and smiled to let me know she loved me no matter what! As we made our way up the stairs, it felt as if time had time had stopped and I was in a dream. As we entered my room my mum sat on the bed as I entered the bathroom. 

I emptied the tests next to the sink... After 5 minuets the test was done and so was the results... I didn't want to look, but I had to. I read the results of the tests: positive, positive,positive... with that sight my head started to spin, knocking the glass holding my tooth brush on the floor I hit the floor...

Alice POV

I heard the smash from the bath room, I rushed to help Betty, not even looking at the tests I knew by her reaction I didn't need to! My baby was pregnant! I grabbed a towel to brush the glass away from her while gently walking her up. When she saw me she sat up and gave me the biggest hug she had ever gave me, my heart melted. Slowly letting go I brushed the hair out of face and went to say something but I just couldn't get my words out. 

"Mum, I want to keep it!"