Chapter 2: To Have Chemistry or.. To Have FIREEE!

Marinette was walking down the street with Tikki flying around thinking dreamily about Adrien. Thinking about what actual treat to make for him. She opened her bag to look at the actual assignment and it was how different flammable rocks and chemicals give fire different properties and colors. Tikki leaned in for a closer look.

"So... you're basically gonna mess with fire?" Tikki asked, looking back and forth between the paper and Marinette, who looked at her in bewilderment.

"No, nonono, I mean, I am gonna experiment with fire but.. I'm not gonna like.. Set the classroom on fire!" Marinette explaining, gaining a look of doubt from Tikki.

"Hmm... you don't exactly have a clean record when it comes to not being clumsy... I'd watch your back if I were you."

Marinette thought about all the mistakes she's made from her own clumsiness and suddenly, she froze in her tracks as if she had an epiphany.

"Oh my... GOSH! Tikki, you're right! I am gonna end up burning the classroom when we present on Friday!" Marinette stuffed the papers back into her bag and started running for home.

"Well, I wasn't gonna say that you're going to, but you do have a good chance. Just be careful Marinette, by the way, did you think of the treat you're gonna make Adrien?" Tikki asked, flying back in Marinette's pouch.

Marinette, furrowed her eyes in thought as she pieced together what she would make him, flipping through the archives in her brain of everything she knows how to bake; Cupcakes, angel food cake, upside down cakes, every cookie in existence, almost every flavor of cake (except alcohol flavors) wedding cakes.... Probably not. She then thought of the perfect thing: Ice Cream Macarons.

"THAT'S IT!!!" Marinette squealed as she opened the doors to her bakery, Tikki was about to ask what but she didn't get the time to as Marinette's parents greeted her in the cafe, which was full of customers. Marinette ducked under plates and dodged the feet of customers as they were changing sitting positions, took the waiters' dishes and delivered them to the table for them after she took a look at the number, "Hey Mom! Hey Dad! How was your day?"

"Oh it's been fantastic, today's been a busy day but we have 5 hours until closing, so it's been a bit tiring. Sweetie, do you mind helping?" Tom asked as he whipped out the next couple orders of desserts. Marinette took a spare apron from the closet and took a whisk.

"Do you need to ask?"

"That's my daughter!"

Marinette got to work on the next 50 orders or so, she was working so hard that she got batter and flour all over her apron, hair, and face. She worked even faster because she needed to make the ice cream macarons. People pass by the windows of the cafe all the time and they can even see the bakers working in the other half of the bakery. Adrien happened to stop by the window when he saw Marinette and her father laugh at how dirty she was, she took a piece of croissant batter from her cheek and tasted it. He heard her faintly say; perfect. He smiled and kept on going, not surprisingly, he couldn't wait to see her. It was finally near closing and Marinette could get started on the macarons. She decided on mint, raspberry, and white chocolate strawberry. She got to work, baking the macaron part and churning the ice cream part. Marinette then thought to actually make it gelato to make it more interesting. She couldn't make white chocolate strawberry gelato or even mint, so she slow churned it as a alternative.

She was about to finish when she heard the cafe doorbell ring and her parents talking.

"Hmm.. that's weird, I thought we closed shop," Marinette wondered aloud as she went out of the kitchen into the cafe to find Adrien, in a dashing dark brown jacket and the blue scarf that she made him, letting his stuff down after greeting her parents.