I / God is a Faux and Other Utter Shit

WARNINGS: Medium language

-Day 1; Wednesday, May 31st, 2017-

People of religion say that whoever or whatever they pray to has a plan for them. And that's very true. The world is an ever-changing entity that leads each person to what they should be. Every little decision and movement and happening affects anything and everything.

Someone spills a glass of water in France and a tsunami hits South Africa.

A mother enrolls her child in dance lessons in China and someone else loses a job in the United States.

Other people say they believe in the red string. The red string attached to everyone's pinky finger, leading them to their soulmate.

Byun Baekhyun says both. He believes he needs to sit back and let the world show him its plan for him, and the red string attached to his pinky finger will someday lead him to the person who will alter his life forever.

Somewhere else, Park Chanyeol says he doesn't give a shit. "God is just a faux people believe in when they have nothing else to." the tall man told his friend, Do Kyungsoo, one day.

The two were throwing boxes into the back of a pickup truck they had borrowed from another friend, Huang Zitao. How the hell he got this ugly looking thing, the two had no clue, but it held the boxes well. They, amongst a handful of their other friends, were preparing to leave their university for the summer. Some permanently, others expected to return next year. Both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo fell into that last category, Chanyeol having finished his third year attending and Kyungsoo his second.

"And although some people don't believe in a higher power, they latch onto other things. Other sayings and myths and utter shit." Chanyeol continued.

"Myths and sayings?" Kyungsoo questioned, smoothing down the tape on one of the boxes.

"Like, 'find a penny, pick it up, put it-" the shorter man was quickly cut off, being shoved into the back fender.

"I know how it goes." Chanyeol said. "And yes, that's complete shit. How the hell is a penny supposed to bring good luck? We live in Korea- how are we even supposed to find a penny?" he began to make his way back into the school dorm building.

"That's why they bring good luck." Kyungsoo piped up, trailing behind Chanyeol. "They're hard to find."

"And you're hard to find if I lose you in a crowd, but that doesn't mean you bring me good luck." he snapped back.

Do Kyungsoo opened his mouth, about to retort back, before he was cut off with an arm being wrapped tightly around his shoulders and being pressed in close to someone.

"Is that the last of them?" Zitao asked, hugging both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo.

"Just a few more." Chanyeol said, flipping Tao off of him. Kyungsoo, however, struggled more to fling the bleach blond off. He clawed at his arm, trying to push it off, but to no avail. It seemed as if Zitao didn't even feel him.

"Heard about Lu's party?" Zitao continued as Kyungsoo finally slid out of his grip- quite literally, he slid to the ground and crawled away a few steps, and then stood up, brushing dirt and grass stains off his new jeans.

"Lu says he's holding an end of year party every year." Chanyeol said, crossing his arms. "Last year he ended up getting locked out of his own dorm the day before and had to call it off."

"And the year before he fell down the stairs and hit his head so hard he was in the hospital for two weeks." Kyungsoo added.

"Yeah, well this year Yixing and I have him on lockdown so he can't accidentally kill himself again." Zitao said. "Trust me, this party is a go. Even if we have to prop his dead body up in the corner."

"God, if it comes to that I'm not going." Kyungsoo said.

"It won't, it won't!" Zitao exclaimed. "I swear on my life."

"What is with you and death today?" Chanyeol asked, shaking his head. The giant turned on his heel, pushing the building doors open.

"Tonight at nine thirty!" Zitao shouted as Kyungsoo followed behind Chanyeol. "Be there or be square!"

"No one says that anymore, Tao!"

~

Next Chapter: www.wattpad.com/story/123209609-the-long-game-xiuchen-uau-ii?utm_source=widget&utm_medium=link_copy

Previous Chapter: [NA]